Continue on TOI App
Open App
OPEN APP

Samsung Electronics confirms coronavirus case at phone factory complex in South Korea

Samsung Electronics said on Saturday that one coronavirus case ha... Read More
SEOUL:

Samsung Electronics

said on Saturday that one

coronavirus case

had been confirmed at its mobile device factory complex in the southeastern city of Gumi, causing a shutdown of its entire facility there until Monday morning.

Tired of too many ads?go ad free now

Samsung Electronics, the world's top smartphone maker, said the floor where the infected employee worked would be shut down until the morning of February 25.

"The company has placed colleagues who came in contact with the infected employee in self-quarantine and taken steps to have them tested for possible infection," Samsung said in a news release.

Samsung's factory in Gumi accounts for a small portion of its total smartphone production, and it makes high-end phones, mostly for the domestic market. Samsung produces most of its smartphones in Vietnam and India.

Gumi is close to the city of Daegu, home to a church at the centre of South Korea's largest coronavirus outbreak.

Tired of too many ads?go ad free now
South Korea said on Saturday that the number of people infected with the coronavirus in the country had more than doubled to 433.

Samsung said production at its chip and display factories in other parts of South Korea would not be affected.

Stay informed with the latest Business News on Times of India. Explore updates on International Business, gain insights with Financial Literacy tips, and make use of Financial Calculators. Don’t forget to check the list of Bank Holidays in 2025, including Bank Holidays in January.


Ready to Master Stock Valuation? ET’s Workshop is just around the corner!

Start a Conversation

Post comment
Continue Reading
Follow Us On Social Media
end of article
More Trending Stories
Visual Stories
More Visual Stories
UP NEXT
Do Not Sell Or Share My Personal Information