This story is from March 11, 2020

Coronavirus in Kerala: 315 under observation in Kozhikode

District Medical officer Dr V Jayashree said on Wednesday that 315 persons had been kept under quarantine at the hospitals and houses in Kozhikode district in view of coronavirus outbreak.
Coronavirus in Kerala: 315 under observation in Kozhikode
Representational Image
KOZHIKODE: District Medical officer Dr V Jayashree said on Wednesday that 315 persons had been kept under quarantine at the hospitals and houses in Kozhikode district in view of coronavirus outbreak.
Out of the 315, 168 of them arrived to Kozhikode from coronavirus-hit countries. At present, eleven people with suspected symptoms of Covid-19 have been kept under observation in the isolation wards of the Kozhikode Government Beach General Hospital and Kozhikode Government Medical College Hospital.
1x1 polls
The health department also discharged nine people after they tested negative for Covid-19.
Dr Jayashree said that out of the 61 samples sent so far, 50 of them tested negative for Covid-19. The DMO also held a meeting with programme officers to assess the block-level preventive measures taken against Covid-19.
Meanwhile, district collector Sambasiva Rao said that Aadhar enrolment will not be carried out till March 31 considering the prevailing situation.
author
About the Author
Sreedevi Chitharanjan

Sreedevi is senior correspondent with the Times of India in Kozhikode. She is handling the civic issue beat for the past four years. She was with The New Indian Express earlier.

End of Article
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA