Continue on TOI App
Open App
OPEN APP

Shah Rukh Khan death threat case: Mumbai Police arrest Chhattisgarh lawyer Faizan Khan

Mumbai Police have apprehended a suspect from Chhattisgarh in con... Read More
MUMBAI: The Mumbai Police have arrested Faizan Khan, a lawyer from Chhattisgarh, for allegedly issuing death threats to Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan.

Tired of too many ads?go ad free now
A police team was in Chhattisgarh to probe the case of a threat call to the actor which was received on the landline phone at Bandra police station last week.

They arrested Faizan Khan from whose mobile phone the Rs 50 lakh ransom demand was made. The lawyer claimed that his mobile was stolen and the same was used in the offence.

The accused will be brought to Mumbai for further investigation.

The Mumbai police had registered an extortion case and summoned Faizan in connection with the death threat.

The case was filed by the Bandra police under sections 308(4) (extortion involving threats of death or serious injury) and 351(3)(4) (criminal intimidation) of Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS) against the caller who threatened Shah Rukh Khan.
Tired of too many ads?go ad free now

The threat to Shah Rukh Khan follows a series of threats issued to fellow actor Salman Khan, allegedly from the Lawrence Bishnoi gang.

The threat call
Police constable Santosh Ghodke (32) attended the call at the Bandra police station on November 7. The caller told constable Ghodke: “Shah Rukh Khan, the one at Mannat, Bandstand… if he doesn’t give me 50 lakh rupees, I will kill him.”

Tired of too many ads?go ad free now
When questioned about his identity, the caller responded: “Doesn't matter… if you need a name, write it as Hindustani” before disconnecting.

Faizan Khan's past complain

Faizan had filed a complaint at Khamardih police station on Nov 2 that his mobile phone was missing or stolen.
According to Civil Lines City SP (CSP) Ajay Kumar, Raipur Police were contacted by Maharashtra Police about Faizan’s location. He was found to be a resident of Raipur’s Pandri area, one of the largest textile markets in central India.
Tired of too many ads?go ad free now

“Faizan was called to the police station and told that a case has been registered against him since the threat caller used the phone number registered in his name. He said his phone was lost or stolen and he had informed the police. Faizan also submitted related documents with Mumbai Police,” said Raipur SP Kumar.

Security tightened around SRK

In October 2023, Shah Rukh Khan's security was enhanced to Y+ category by the Maharashtra govt following death threats post release of his films ‘Pathaan' and ‘Jawan', based on a written complaint.
Tired of too many ads?go ad free now

The Y+ security designation, typically granted to individuals facing high threat levels, includes six personal security officers working in three shifts continuously, plus five armed guards at the person's residence, according to police officials.

(With agency inputs)

Stay updated with the latest news on Times of India. Don't miss daily games like Crossword, Sudoku, and Mini Crossword.
About the Author

TOI City Desk

The TOI City Desk is an indefatigable team of journalists dedicat... Read More
Continue Reading
Follow Us On Social Media
end of article
More Trending Stories
Visual Stories
More Visual Stories
UP NEXT
Do Not Sell Or Share My Personal Information