Continue on TOI App
Open App
OPEN APP

Centre’s free jab offer spurs vaccine demand in East Singhbhum

In the wake of the Centre announcing free booster dose to all in... Read More
JAMSHEDPUR: In the wake of the Centre announcing free booster dose to all in the 18-59 age group, the demand for it has gone up in East Singhbhum. The district health department has increased the number of vaccination centres.

Tired of too many ads?go ad free now
As many as 22 centres have been set up as against nine in rural areas under 11 blocks. In the urban circle, the number of centres has gone up to seven from two.

Additional chief medical officer Sahir Pall said, “In the past five days, 15,128 have taken the jab and on July 16, 4,196 beneficiaries took the booster dose, which is the highest single-day count so far,” adding, “the department expects the numbers to go up further.”

As many as 15,53954 beneficiaries in the 18-59 age group are eligible for the booster jab in the district.

“With the increase in the number of Covid cases, beneficiaries of all age groups should take the shot,” physician Dr M K Singh said.

With 37 cases on Tuesday, the active cases has reached 199. Two people died in the past two weeks.

Start a Conversation

Post comment
Continue Reading
Follow Us On Social Media
end of article
More Trending Stories
Visual Stories
More Visual Stories
Expand
UP NEXT
Do Not Sell Or Share My Personal Information