This story is from April 4, 2023

Prosenjit Chatterjee reacts to turning down Salman Khan's role in 'Maine Pyar Kiya'

Prosenjit Chatterjee reacts to turning down Salman Khan's role in 'Maine Pyar Kiya'
Prosenjit Chatterjee who enjoys a superstar status in Bengali cinema is loved by audiences all over the country. The actor will be seen next in a web-series called 'Jubilee' which is directed by Vikramaditya Motwane. Prosenjit has a negative character in the show which also stars Aditi Rao Hydari, Aparshakti Khurrana, Wamiqa Gabbi among others.
Interestingly, not many are aware the Prosenjit was offered the lead role in Sooraj Barjatya's 'Maine Pyar Kiya' which was later done by Salman Khan.
1x1 polls
In a recent interview, the superstar reacted to it and said, "leave it, forget it." However, after a pause, he spoke about it and said that, his last Hindi film was 'Shanghai' and from the last 10-15 years he's not doing mainstream cinema. He's shifted his focus and is now working with all new directors.
Though, earlier in an interview with another portal, Prosenjit had said that he's still in touch with the Barjatyas and Bhagyashree. Prosenjit couldn't be a part of 'Maine Pyaar Kiya' because his dates were blocked after his Bengali film 'Amar Sangi' turned out to be a huge hit. Hence, he had to reluctantly say no to the film.
Prosenjit had made his debut in Hindi cinema with 'Aandhiyaan' which was directed by David Dhawan. Meanwhile, 'Jubilee' which is set to release on April 7, will take the audiences to the golden era of Hindi cinema from the 1940s.

End of Article
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA