Continue on TOI App
Open App
OPEN APP

Sajid Khan will make comeback to 'Housefull' franchise?

Director Sajid Khan is reportedly returning to comedy franchise '... Read More
Director Sajid Khan is reportedly returning to comedy franchise 'Houseful', helming the upcoming fourth instalment of the hit series. Sajid, who had directed the first two parts of the series, did not direct the third instalment reportedly due to a fallout with producer Sajid Nadiadwala. "Sajid Khan will be back for the '

Housefull

' franchise. He will direct the fourth part which will go on floors either in 2017 or 2018," sources said.

Tired of too many ads?go ad free now

'Housefull' was released in 2010 followed by the second part in 2012. Akshay and

Riteish

have been part of the franchise since the first film. The fourth instalment will also have these two actors. "Akshay and Riteish will be part of 'Housefull 4'. There will be other new actors and actresses, who will be part of the fourth instalment," sources said.

'Housefull 3', which released earlier this year, was directed by Sajid-Farhad, who had earlier done the screenplay for part one and two of 'Housefull' and it was produced by

Nadiadwala

. The movie apparently did not perform as well as the franchise's first two parts.


Phantom: Press Meet
Saif Ali Khan during the press meet of Bollywood film Phantom, held at Mehboob Studios, in Mumbai, on August 11, 2015.
Sajid Nadiadwala during the press meet of Bollywood film Phantom, held at Mehboob Studios, in Mumbai, on August 11, 2015.
Saif Ali Khan and Kabir Khan during the press meet of Bollywood film Phantom, held at Mehboob Studios, in Mumbai, on August 11, 2015.
Kabir Khan during the press meet of Bollywood film Phantom, held at Mehboob Studios, in Mumbai, on August 11, 2015.
Sajid Nadiadwala and Hussain Zaidi during the press meet of Bollywood film Phantom, held at Mehboob Studios, in Mumbai, on August 11, 2015.
Hussain Zaidi during the press meet of Bollywood film Phantom, held at Mehboob Studios, in Mumbai, on August 11, 2015.
Hussain Zaidi, Saif Ali Khan and Kabir Khan during the press meet of Bollywood film Phantom, held at Mehboob Studios, in Mumbai, on August 11, 2015.
Sajid Nadiadwala, Saif Ali Khan, Hussain Zaidi and Kabir Khan during the press meet of Bollywood film Phantom, held at Mehboob Studios, in Mumbai, on August 11, 2015.

Start a Conversation

Post comment
Continue Reading
Follow Us On Social Media
end of article
Visual Stories
More Visual Stories
UP NEXT
Do Not Sell Or Share My Personal Information