• News
  • Sports News
  • Jorge Masvidal teases big UFC announcement as talk grows about a possible Conor McGregor White House fight

Jorge Masvidal teases big UFC announcement as talk grows about a possible Conor McGregor White House fight

Jorge Masvidal teases big UFC announcement as talk grows about a possible Conor McGregor White House fight
Jorge Masvidal and Conor McGregor (Image Via Getty)
Conor McGregor’s name is back in fight talk again. The former two-division UFC champion has been open about wanting to return to the Octagon. While UFC CEO Dana White recently told Complex that McGregor will not be fighting Michael Chandler, another familiar name has now stepped forward and hinted at something big.Former UFC “BMF” champion Jorge Masvidal said he is interested in a comeback fight and teased a “very big” announcement. Masvidal spoke about his plans during a recent appearance on MMA Junkie Radio. He did not say McGregor’s name, but his words quickly caught the attention of fans who are waiting for McGregor’s next move.

Jorge Masvidal teases a major announcement as Conor McGregor return rumors spread

Jorge Masvidal is 41 years old and last fought in the UFC in April 2023, when he lost to Gilbert Burns. Since then, he has stayed out of competition. Now, he says something new is coming soon.“You never know,” Masvidal said on MMA Junkie Radio. “Give people what they want, not what they expect. I can say I have some fight news coming soon, and it’s very big news.”Masvidal added that he hopes to share more details within about 10 days. While he did not confirm who the opponent might be, many fans quickly linked the tease to Conor McGregor, who has been publicly pushing for a UFC return.
Dana White recently shut down one possible matchup when he told Complex that McGregor would not fight Michael Chandler because the moment had passed. That comment left the door open for other names to appear.Masvidal, who once held the UFC “BMF” title, is one of the biggest stars who has not yet been matched for any upcoming UFC event.
Jorge Masvidal also made it clear that he is not interested in just any comeback. He said the only fight that truly excites him is the idea of competing at a special event planned for June 14, which is Flag Day, at the White House in Washington, D.C.“I’ve fought in a lot of places,” Masvidal said. “I’ve fought in big cities and small places. There are not many things I didn’t get to do. This would be something special, and I don’t think it happens again.”Masvidal said he would only return to the UFC for that kind of moment. He explained that fighting at such an event would mean a lot to him personally and professionally.He also shared that he believes President Donald Trump is a fan of his and that being part of such a card would be an honor.Dana White has previously said that planning an event like this would be difficult, but the idea has not been ruled out. With Masvidal teasing a big announcement and Conor McGregor pushing for a return, fans are now waiting to see what comes next.


Get the latest WPL 2026 updates including WPL teams, full WPL 2026 schedule, and live scores for Mumbai Indians, Royal Challengers Bengaluru, UP Warriorz, Gujarat Giants, and Delhi Capitals. Also check the latest WPL Orange Cap and Purple Cap standings.
End of Article
Follow Us On Social Media