Iran's Nuclear Chaos: 'Not Surrendering Uranium To US'; Bombshell After Trump Claims ‘Deal Done’

| May 24, 2026, 06:05:00 PM | TOI.in
  • Share
Fresh confusion has erupted over a possible US-Iran peace and nuclear deal after US President Donald Trump claimed that an agreement with Iran was “largely negotiated.” The statement was followed by reports from The New York Times suggesting Tehran had agreed in principle to give up its stockpile of highly enriched uranium as part of a proposed deal with Washington. However, Iran quickly denied that any final agreement had been reached. Axios reported that Tehran had provided verbal commitments through mediators regarding possible concessions on uranium enrichment and nuclear material, while Iranian officials said key nuclear issues would instead be discussed in separate negotiations over the next 30 to 60 days. The controversy intensified after US Secretary of State Marco Rubio said during a visit to India that the US would not allow Iran to hold the global energy market “hostage” and insisted Tehran could never obtain a nuclear weapon. In response, Iran’s Embassy in India accused the United States and Israel of fueling instability and global energy crises, while reiterating that Iran’s nuclear program remains peaceful and under IAEA supervision.

Top Viral Videos