Continue Reading on TOI App
Open
OPEN APP

UKSSSC’s former secretary suspended for ‘negligence’

The Uttarakhand government late on Thursday suspended UKSSSC’s ex... Read More
DEHRADUN: The Uttarakhand government late on Thursday suspended UKSSSC’s ex-secretary Santosh Badoni on charges of negligence of duty.

Badoni had been removed from his post on August 13 after large-scale irregularities in the conduct of teacher exams held in December last year came to light in a probe conducted by the STF.

Meanwhile, opposition Congress on Friday held a protest outside the state assembly and demanded the resignation of Prem Chand Aggarwal, who held the position of assembly speaker in the previous term.

Demanding ‘justice for the unemployed youth’ of, the state, protestors sought the resignation of Aggarwal, now the state finance minister, from the cabinet.

The Congress members attempted to enter the assembly building premises but were stopped by the police team deployed on the spot.

Former CM Harish Rawat, who led the protest, said, “BJP has been caught red-handed in assembly appointments and UKSSSC paper leak matter. In both instances, the names of BJP leaders have surfaced and there is no doubt that the ruling party members were involved in wrongdoing.”

The ex-CM further said, “Central agencies like CBI and ED are tools in the hands of ruling BJP and are involved in strangulating democracy. Therefore, we have asked for a CBI probe under the observation of a sitting high court judge.”
About the Author

Kautilya Singh

A Senior Assistant Editor in TOI with an inclination towards poli... Read More

Start a Conversation

Post comment
Continue Reading
Follow Us On Social Media
end of article
More Trending Stories
Visual Stories
More Visual Stories
UP NEXT
Do Not Sell Or Share My Personal Information