UP govt grants one-time 3-year age relaxation for 32,679 police recruitment posts
LUCKNOW: The Uttar Pradesh government on Monday announced a one-time relaxation of three years in the upper age limit for the upcoming police recruitment drive, offering major relief to aspirants preparing for constable-level posts.
The age relaxation will apply to all categories of candidates for the proposed 2025 direct recruitment to the police force, following the directions of chief minister Yogi Adityanath, an official government statement issued here said.
The decision is expected to benefit aspirants who missed earlier recruitment opportunities due to age limits, especially after delays caused by the pandemic period, officials said.
The decision has been taken under the provisions of the Uttar Pradesh public services (relaxation of age limit for recruitment) rules, 1992, it added.
The relaxation will cover recruitment to 32,679 posts, including constable (civil police) for men and women, PAC and armed police constables, special security force constables, women battalion constables, mounted police constables and jail warders of both genders, the statement said.
The age relaxation has been granted in continuation of the recruitment notification issued on December 31, last year, and will be applicable as a one-time measure to candidates who were otherwise becoming ineligible due to age restrictions, it said.
The Uttar Pradesh Police recruitment and promotion board (UPPRPB) had announced the recruitment drive for 32,679 constable-level and equivalent posts on December 31.
The online application process began the same day and will continue till January 30, 2026, with candidates required to complete a one-time registration (OTR) before applying, it said.
The board had said the recruitment was part of the 2025 direct recruitment process and follows the completion of appointments to over 60,000 constable posts earlier in 2025.
Detailed eligibility criteria, selection procedures and examination schedules were made available on the board's official website.
The decision is expected to benefit aspirants who missed earlier recruitment opportunities due to age limits, especially after delays caused by the pandemic period, officials said.
The decision has been taken under the provisions of the Uttar Pradesh public services (relaxation of age limit for recruitment) rules, 1992, it added.
The relaxation will cover recruitment to 32,679 posts, including constable (civil police) for men and women, PAC and armed police constables, special security force constables, women battalion constables, mounted police constables and jail warders of both genders, the statement said.
The age relaxation has been granted in continuation of the recruitment notification issued on December 31, last year, and will be applicable as a one-time measure to candidates who were otherwise becoming ineligible due to age restrictions, it said.
The Uttar Pradesh Police recruitment and promotion board (UPPRPB) had announced the recruitment drive for 32,679 constable-level and equivalent posts on December 31.
The board had said the recruitment was part of the 2025 direct recruitment process and follows the completion of appointments to over 60,000 constable posts earlier in 2025.
Detailed eligibility criteria, selection procedures and examination schedules were made available on the board's official website.
Popular from City
- Bengaluru e-khata scam: 5 sub-registrars suspended after 1,332 illegal property registrations
- Bengaluru Bentley owner under lens: Rs 5.5cr luxury sedan registered under fake papers; RTO says tax dues may top Rs 1.3 cr
- Kolkata shivers as maximum dips below 20°C for third time in a week
- Wayanad tragedy worsens: Man found dead in Israel, wife dies after consuming poison; 10-year-old daughter orphaned
- Brazen assault on Delhi family: Man beaten, wife molested, son stripped and thrashed in full public view
end of article
Trending Stories
- Andhra Pradesh: Massive gas leak at ONGC well in Konaseema triggers fire; villagers in panic
- ‘Ab yahi zindagi hai’: Umar Khalid reacts after Supreme Court denies bail; partner shares brief chat
- Brazen assault on Delhi family: Man beaten, wife molested, son stripped and thrashed in full public view
- UP Board exam 2026 pre-board schedule released, exams from January 8 to 21
- JEE Main 2026 City Intimation Slip Live Updates: JEE Main pre admit card soon on jeemain.nta.nic.in; check steps to download
- 5.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Assam: Tremors felt in Morigaon; no immediate damage reported
- Who is Victoria Monét? Jaylen Brown’s viral Salsa dance partner revealed
Featured in city
- UP encounter: Criminal with Rs 1 lakh reward killed in police action; accused in 17 cases including gangrape
- Delhi: After failed reconciliation with wife, man found hanging at in-laws’ home in Badarpur
06:26 Indore water crisis: 142 patients hospitalised; new diarrhoea cases detected- Madhya Pradesh SDM suspended over minister Kailash Vijayvargiya’s controversial remark
- Maryland crash shocks Indian community in US: Andhra Pradesh techie, his wife die as drunk driver slams into their car; kids injured
- Indore deaths: Waterborne outbreak declared epidemic; supply shut, chlorination underway
Photostories
- Chef Sanjeev Kapoor shares comforting flavours of Gujarat that are worth trying this winter
- Deepika Padukone birthday special: From Denmark roots to Bollywood stardom
- 4 foods that may help slow down ageing
- Heart health: The big 3 heart numbers to know, as per Harvard experts
- 7 legendary Indian scientists and their contributions
- How to make Paneer Bread Pakoda for evening snacking
- 5 foods that steadily cause hair loss without you knowing about it
- Paring beans with this one staple can give you complete protein
- 5 trending kaleera designs every modern Indian bride is obsessed with right now
- Krystle D'Souza, Ayesha Khan to Tamannaah Bhatia: When Bollywood actresses turned special songs into iconic moments
Videos
03:46 ‘Really Happy For Others’: SC Rejects Umar Khalid’S Bail; Partner Shares His Reaction05:14 “Trump’s Interest Is Clear”: Ex-Diplomat Slams Venezuela Action02:50 CPI-M Protests Near Us Consulate In Chennai Over Venezuela Attack04:40 BJP Welcomes SC Denial Of Bail To Umar Khalid And Sharjeel Imam; Opposition Calls It Unfortunate12:41 "US Has No Jurisdiction in Venezuela" Ex-UN Envoy Dilip Sinha Slams US Action In Venezuela03:52 After T20 World Cup Move, Bangladesh Now Bans IPL 2026 Broadcast Amid Mustafizur Rahman Row03:45 SC Rejects Bail Plea Of Umar Khalid, Sharjeel Imam; Grants Bail To 5 Others In Delhi Riots Case09:34 Rajnath Singh Commissions ICG's Pollution Control Vessel ‘Samudra Pratap’, Hails Make-In-India06:20 Shashi Tharoor, Manish Tewari & Salman Khurshid Raise Concerns Over US Attack In Venezuela
Up Next
Start a Conversation
Post comment