MUMBAI: A 13-hour water cut scheduled for Wednesday in Mumbai has been cancelled due to adverse weather conditions and rain forecast, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) said.
Water supply to the city and its eastern suburbs will now continue as per the regular schedule.
The cut was originally planned from 9:45 AM to 10:45 PM on 28 May to facilitate the installation of a new anti-surge vessel at the Panjarapur pumping station, which supplies water to parts of Mumbai, Thane, and Bhiwandi-Nizampur.
In a statement, the civic body said the planned work had been deferred, citing “intense weather” earlier in the week and forecasted rain. No new date has been announced for the installation.
Richa Pinto is a special correspondent with The Times of India. S...
Read MoreRicha Pinto is a special correspondent with The Times of India. She covers urban governance & climate change issues. With over a decade of experience in field reporting, she has written extensively on various civic issues affecting Mumbaikars. She graduated in -journalism from the prestigious Mumbai-based St Xavier's College and later pursued a three-year Law degree (L.L.B.) with the University of Mumbai. She regularly tweets about all things that matter to Mumbai on-- @richapintoi.
Read Less
Start a Conversation
Post comment