This story is from November 05, 2019
Hinjewadi-Shivajinagar corridor work to start soon
Pune: The work on the elevated Metro corridor between Hinjewadi and Shivajinagar could gain momentum soon.
Pune Metropolitan Region Development Authority (PMRDA) commissioner Vikram Kumar said the talks with the central and the state government authorities to transfer land for the project had been successful and it should be completed soon. “Less than 4 hectares of land has to be acquired for this stretch,” he said.
The work on the project remained a non-starter over a month after the formal concession agreement was signed with Tata Realty and Infrastructure Limited and Siemens Project Ventures because it was yet to get the possession of 100% government land. The agreement was signed hours before the announcement of the state assembly elections on September 21.
According to officials, there is a six-month window till March for handing over 100% government land to be acquired for the project. The project work can start officially after the land is handed over to the concessionaire on an appointed date.
The PMRDA commissioner said, the project should be completed within the designated time frame of three years barring on two stretches — University circle and civil court. The first phase of the project of 8km from Hinjewadi to Balewadi would be completed by next year.
According to officials, utmost care is being taken to ensure minimal impact on vehicular movement during the project construction phase. The PMRDA, in coordination with the concessionaire Tata and Siemens and government bodies, has planned alternative routes and diversions.
The project is being developed on design, build, finance, operate and transfer mode with the initial concession period of 35 years. The consortium of 74:26 (Tata and Siemens) will take a share of the profit for the first 20 years. It will part with some share from the 21st year.
Stay updated with the latest news on Times of India. Don't miss daily games like Crossword, Sudoku, and Mini Crossword.
The work on the project remained a non-starter over a month after the formal concession agreement was signed with Tata Realty and Infrastructure Limited and Siemens Project Ventures because it was yet to get the possession of 100% government land. The agreement was signed hours before the announcement of the state assembly elections on September 21.
According to officials, there is a six-month window till March for handing over 100% government land to be acquired for the project. The project work can start officially after the land is handed over to the concessionaire on an appointed date.
The PMRDA commissioner said, the project should be completed within the designated time frame of three years barring on two stretches — University circle and civil court. The first phase of the project of 8km from Hinjewadi to Balewadi would be completed by next year.
According to officials, utmost care is being taken to ensure minimal impact on vehicular movement during the project construction phase. The PMRDA, in coordination with the concessionaire Tata and Siemens and government bodies, has planned alternative routes and diversions.
The project is being developed on design, build, finance, operate and transfer mode with the initial concession period of 35 years. The consortium of 74:26 (Tata and Siemens) will take a share of the profit for the first 20 years. It will part with some share from the 21st year.
Stay updated with the latest news on Times of India. Don't miss daily games like Crossword, Sudoku, and Mini Crossword.
Top Comment
Vipin Huddar
1856 days ago
Before starting anything now, please improve the pathetic state of roads. There are potholes everywhere. Shivaji Chowk has craters, not even potholes. They cannot be categorized as potholes. They are sharp edged and half of the car''s tyre can enter them completely. There are places where a person can fall and die. It shows, there''s no value for human life here. Disgusting.Read allPost comment
Popular from City
- Throats slit on wedding anniversary: How aspiring south Delhi boxer executed chilling plot to wipe out family
- Poison, greed and murders: Gujarat YouTuber turns out to be a serial killer with 4 kills
- Watch: Day after assassination bid, Sukhbir Badal performs 'seva' at Anandpur Sahib gurdwara
- Brace for delays as Delhi Metro's Blue Line services hit due to cable theft; key details
- Now, Hindu Sena demands ASI survey of Delhi's Jama Masjid
end of article
Trending Stories
- Pushpa 2 stampede: 1 dead, 2 hospitalised after crowd rushes to see Allu Arjun
02:48 Movie review: Pushpa 2 - 3.5/5- Pushpa 2 first reviews are out: Audience reactions
- 8 tips for a strong memory to ace your exams
- Identity swap: Chennai man impersonates brother for 20 years, deceives family and legal system
- In first public address, Hasina accuses Yunus of 'genocide', persecuting minorities
- 8 Creative Hobbies That Can Enhance Your Academic Success
Visual Stories
- How to make healthy Oats Palak Chilla for a kid's tiffin
- 10 best Fried Chicken dishes from around the world
- 10 ways to use turmeric in winters
- 10 animals not allowed as pets in India
- 10 types of Dosa and how they are made
UP NEXT