Continue on TOI App
Open App
OPEN APP

Pune: Salon owners upset over having to keep doors shut

The owner of Wanowrie-based Style Plus Salon, Mohammad Fayaz, was... Read More
PUNE: The owner of Wanowrie-based Style Plus Salon, Mohammad Fayaz, was excited as he opened his shop on Tuesday and served quite a few customers, who had come for a haircut. By evening however, all his excitement vanished.

Tired of too many ads?go ad free now

“I have just been informed about a tweet from the mayor stating that salons, spas, gyms, etc, cannot open. I had opened my shop after almost two months as the state government had not specified the kind of non-essential shops that could open. The message has left me aghast,” shared Fayaz.

With quite a few salons opening shutters on Tuesday, the message from Mayor

Murlidhar Mohol

, left owners disappointed.

Kiran Shinde

, who runs New Delight Men’s Parlour at

Kasba Peth

, didn’t even open his shop on Tuesday. “I cannot risk opening and paying hefty fines when I am neck deep in debt. Last year, salons were closed for around six to seven months and, after we could open, I was able to save some money, which is sustaining me presently. However, rent, staff salaries, bill payments, etc, have taken a backseat,” said Shinde.

An office holder with Pune Nabhik Seva Sangh, an association of barbers, said that they have requested authorities to allow them to operate under strict guidelines without any delays.

Stay updated with the latest news on Times of India. Don't miss daily games like Crossword, Sudoku, and Mini Crossword.
Continue Reading
Follow Us On Social Media
end of article
More Trending Stories
Visual Stories
More Visual Stories
UP NEXT
Do Not Sell Or Share My Personal Information