Continue on TOI App
Open App
OPEN APP

Special package given ‘very late’, says Jai Ram

Shimla: Former Himachal Pradesh chief minister and state’s current leader of the opposition Jai Ram Thakur said on Friday that the decision to give a special economic package to the disaster affected people of Samej and Bagi bridge areas in Rampur by the state govt had been taken "very late".
Thakur said that effective steps should be taken for relief, rescue work and rehabilitation immediately after the disaster. But the Congress govt took four months to announce the economic package, whereas the central govt had already released the fund under disaster relief to Himachal Pradesh in advance this time, he added. “Even now, the announcement of giving a special economic package to all the disaster affected people of the state has not been made,” said the leader of the opposition.
Thakur asserted that during this year's monsoon, a total of 54 incidents of cloudburst and floods occurred in the state, in which a total of 65 people had lost their lives. Of these, 33 people are still missing. Apart from that, a total of 47 incidents of landslides also occurred in this monsoon season which also caused huge loss of life and property, he added.
We also published the following articles recently

Govt sabotaged Wayanad rehabilitation package

The BJP has accused the Kerala government of sabotaging the Wayanad rehabilitation package, four months after a disaster struck the region. State BJP president K Surendran criticized the opposition for remaining silent on the issue and alleged that both the ruling LDF and UDF are prioritizing political gains over disaster relief due to the upcoming Palakkad bypoll.

Jagan slams Andhra Pradesh govt for not giving YSRCP opposition status

Former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy accused the ruling alliance of deliberately sidelining the YSRCP, despite its significant vote share. He criticized the government for stifling opposition voices and highlighted their petition to the High Court seeking official opposition status.

Centres Rs 2.1k crore special package likely for Maha Kumbh

The Indian government is set to provide a 2100 crore package to Uttar Pradesh for the 2025 Maha Kumbh in Prayagraj. This represents a significant increase from the 1200 crore given in 2019. With a total projected expenditure of 7000 crore, the event will see major infrastructure projects, including road expansions and railway upgrades, completed by December.


Stay updated with the latest news on Times of India. Don't miss daily games like Crossword, Sudoku, and Mini Crossword.

Start a Conversation

Post comment
Continue Reading
Follow Us On Social Media
end of article
More Trending Stories
Visual Stories
More Visual Stories
UP NEXT
Do Not Sell Or Share My Personal Information