Rihanna leaves L.A. after terrifying home shooting as suspect remains in custody - Reports
Rihanna appeared to leave Los Angeles on Monday, one day after a shooting at her home triggered a police investigation. Photos showed bags being moved into vehicles and taken to Van Nuys Airport before a plane departed. The images surfaced as authorities continued to investigate the shooting at the singer’s property, where Rihanna was reportedly inside with her children when the gunfire erupted.
Authorities separately confirmed that a 35-year-old woman was taken into custody after gunfire was reported near Rihanna’s gated home in the Beverly Hills area. AP reported that no injuries were reported and that the suspect was jailed on suspicion of attempted murder with bail set at about USD 10 million, while People reported the more specific bail figure as USD 10,225,000.
TMZ also reported that online posts showed Ortiz making videos and writing about Rihanna before the incident. That detail added another layer to a case that has already raised serious questions about safety around the star and her family. For now, the focus remains on the investigation, the charges against Ortiz, and Rihanna’s decision to step away from Los Angeles in the immediate aftermath.
Get the latest entertainment updates from the Times of India, along with the latest Hindi movies, upcoming Hindi movies in 2026 , and Telugu movies.”
Rihanna leaves Los Angeles after home shooting
TMZ reported that Rihanna was photographed boarding a flight after bags were loaded into cars and driven to the airport. The outlet said she was “not taking any chances” after the shooting at her Los Angeles home. The report did not say where she was headed, but it made clear that the departure came as the case remained active.Shooting investigation at Rihanna's home
The same report said the shooting happened on Sunday and that Rihanna was inside the home with her children. The report further identified the suspect as 35-year-old Ivanna Lisette Ortiz, who was booked for attempted murder. Ortiz is accused of firing multiple rounds into Rihanna’s mansion from her car. The shooter had been preoccupied with Rihanna for some time, though there was no known link between the two.Authorities separately confirmed that a 35-year-old woman was taken into custody after gunfire was reported near Rihanna’s gated home in the Beverly Hills area. AP reported that no injuries were reported and that the suspect was jailed on suspicion of attempted murder with bail set at about USD 10 million, while People reported the more specific bail figure as USD 10,225,000.
TMZ also reported that online posts showed Ortiz making videos and writing about Rihanna before the incident. That detail added another layer to a case that has already raised serious questions about safety around the star and her family. For now, the focus remains on the investigation, the charges against Ortiz, and Rihanna’s decision to step away from Los Angeles in the immediate aftermath.
Get the latest entertainment updates from the Times of India, along with the latest Hindi movies, upcoming Hindi movies in 2026 , and Telugu movies.”
end of article
Featured in Entertainment
- Pawan Kalyan's 'Ustaad Bhagat Singh' clears censor
- Akshay Kumar on how Twinkle Khanna changed his life post-marriage
06:16 How Tommy DeCarlo became ‘Boston’s lead singer from a superfan- It's a girl! Randeep-Lin welcome first child: PICS
- Rihanna leaves L.A. after shooting at home
- Kit Harington on parenthood and 'Industry' fame
Trending Stories
- 8 Indian breakfasts with more protein than eggs
- Johny Lever's daughter Jamie Lever recalls brother Jesse Lever’s tumour battle and failed surgery: ‘We would never return to that lifestyle’
- 20-year-old declares himself first Gen Z president of new country after discovering unclaimed land
- How many days can cooked chicken stay in the fridge before it becomes risky to eat
- Gaurav Khanna opens up about his possible return to Anupamaa and addresses questions about his Bigg Boss 19 prize money and car; says, “I’m yet to receive them”
- ‘Dhurandhar 2’ OTT release: Platform and streaming date for Aditya Dhar’s spy thriller revealed - Reports
- Thrown out of her home for dreaming too big: A woman’s journey from a rural artisan to a Padma Shri awardee
- Quote of the day by Michael Caine
- What is the WISA Act? All about the new US bill that aims to roll back Trump’s H-1B restrictions
- Jamie Lever opens up about brother Jesse Lever’s tumour battle: 'The first surgery failed'
Photostories
- Inside Shivam Dube’s Luxurious Mumbai Home: A peek into the cricketer’s stylish residence
- Why will people in several parts of India eat stale food on March 11?
- Pune to build 64km new roads, upgrade key junctions under Rs 1,866 crore plan
- Alia Bhatt, Katrina Kaif, Nora Fatehi: Bollywood stars with foreign citizenship
- Dry or irritated eyes even without screen time? Ophthalmologist explains the hidden everyday causes and habits that can keep your eyes healthy
- 5 mistakes to avoid while making idlis at home
- TV shows based on best-selling novels: Tumhaari Paakhi, Chandrakanta and more.
- LPG shortage fears grip major cities like Bengaluru, Mumbai, Kolkata; hotels, restaurants, food sector worst hit
- MSRTC’s big ride ahead: Maharashtra transport body eyes big leap with 8,000-bus expansion
- Frequent bloating, acidity or constipation? Doctor explains the common digestive problems people ignore and simple lifestyle changes that can fix them
Up Next
Start a Conversation
Post comment