This story is from August 29, 2020
#SSRFiles: We should give an actor the due respect when he is alive: Neetu Chandra
Actress Neetu Chandra has welcomed the progress the CBI has made in their investigation into Sushant Singh Rajput’s death. “Practically the entire country had demanded a CBI probe and I am really happy that the agency has taken over and made progress. Sushant’s family has the right to know the truth,” she said.
When asked why she made a video bashing the Indian audience after Sushant’s death, she said, “Sushant would always talk about giving chance to newcomers and outsiders. He had even asked people on twitter to watch his films. My point is, we should give an actor the due respect when he is alive. Out of the about 12 crore people in Bihar, if even five crore had watched Sushant’s films, all his films would have been blockbusters. But they never did that when he was alive.”
The actress told us that she had last met Sushant in Mumbai. “I had gone to this restaurant with a few of my friends in March and he was there with his friends. Rhea was there too. We discussed work and future plans. He was very excited and positive about life like always,” she said.
Stating that she just exchanged greetings with Rhea, Neetu added, “Sushant and I conversed in shuddh Bihari dialect and discussed fitness and then a lot of other things. We also made plans to have sattu paratha and mutton together the next time we were in
When asked if she had ever faced favoritism or nepotism in the film industry, Neetu said it’s everywhere. “I think more than nepotism; new and young talents are affected by groupism and lobbyism. In a few projects, I was replaced after attending workshops and look tests for a particular character. There was this action film, in which they needed a girl with a martial arts background. Being a fourth dan black belt in Taekwondo, I got the role, but then I learnt that I had been replaced.
This happened to me six times and after that, I almost lost my fighting spirit. In this industry, you must have the ability to fight back.”
When asked why she made a video bashing the Indian audience after Sushant’s death, she said, “Sushant would always talk about giving chance to newcomers and outsiders. He had even asked people on twitter to watch his films. My point is, we should give an actor the due respect when he is alive. Out of the about 12 crore people in Bihar, if even five crore had watched Sushant’s films, all his films would have been blockbusters. But they never did that when he was alive.”
Stating that she just exchanged greetings with Rhea, Neetu added, “Sushant and I conversed in shuddh Bihari dialect and discussed fitness and then a lot of other things. We also made plans to have sattu paratha and mutton together the next time we were in
Patna
. His house is a 15-minute drive from my place.”When asked if she had ever faced favoritism or nepotism in the film industry, Neetu said it’s everywhere. “I think more than nepotism; new and young talents are affected by groupism and lobbyism. In a few projects, I was replaced after attending workshops and look tests for a particular character. There was this action film, in which they needed a girl with a martial arts background. Being a fourth dan black belt in Taekwondo, I got the role, but then I learnt that I had been replaced.
Top Comment
piyush singh
985 days ago
Yes people of bihar should have watched his movies but...BUT....out of the 38 districts in bihar..how many of them have movie theaters?? Read allPost comment
end of article
Visual Stories
- How to make Chicken Saag at home
- 8 benefits of eating 2 dried apricots every morning
- Karishma Tanna is stealing the spotlight in a glamorous brown satin saree
- High-neck blouse designs Ft. Bollywood divas
- Baby boy names inspired by unique and rare names of Lord Rama
- 10 ways to make working at your office fun
- 10 fish that slither like snakes
- 8 wild animals to spot in Kaziranga National Park, Assam
- 11 extremely addictive books that will keep you hooked from page 1!
Bigg Boss
- BB18: Karan on Chum's dilemma about their relationship
- BB18's Muskan criticizes Karan Veer's "junior artist" comment
- BB18: Vivian overhears Karan Veer and Avinash critiquing his strategy
- BB18: Netizens question makers for Digvijay’s limited screen time
- Bigg Boss 18: Shilpa expresses her disappointment in Vivian
- Bigg Boss 18: Rajat gets furious over Karan as he pushes him
- BB18: Eisha changes Avinash's ‘Single’ status to ‘With Eisha’
- BB18: Digvijay gets support from former contestant Manu Punjabi
- Vivian-Karan to Sidharth-Asim: Friends turned foes in Bigg Boss
- BB18: Salman expresses frustration with Chaahat
UP NEXT