NEW DELHI: Union minister
Shivraj Singh Chouhan said that after the launch of
Operation Sindoor,
Pakistan was forced to kneel and seek talks with folded hands, fearing that after its air bases had been dismantled, India would close in on its nuclear base.
"We don't harbour enmity. You have seen Operation Sindoor. Those monsters who killed the innocent people, husband in front of wife and father before son," Chouhan said.
Speaking at the 12th convocation ceremony of the Bhopal-based Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) on Monday, Chouhan also dismissed claims of any foreign nation’s role in ending the hostility between the two countries.
"When they thought that Bharat would reach their nuclear base, they knelt, and came to talk with folded hands," he said.
Referring to repeated claims made by US President Donald Trump, Chouhan remarked, "They are saying 'I did it, I did it'."
India launched Operation Sindoor in May this year following the killing of 26 people by terrorists at Pahalgam in Jammu and Kashmir on April 22.
"We went for the pinpointed target hitting if you all remember. We demolished the terrorists' refuge. We did not attack their Army or civilian (base) first. This is Bharat," he added.
Chouhan said that when Pakistan used missiles and drones for its attack, India responded with Brahmos, Agni and Prithvi missiles, dismantling all of Pakistan’s air bases.
"Bharat runs on Bharat's strength. We don't attack any individual. We don't spare terrorists," the senior BJP leader said.
Chouhan added that the families of the Pahalgam attack victims had demanded the terrorists be shot in the head. "The terrorists have been eliminated," he said.
Union home minister Amit Shah had also said earlier that the families of the victims and others had wanted the three terrorists to be shot in their heads and that they met the same fate in Operation Mahadev.
Shah further said that investigations revealed the identity of the three terrorists killed in Operation Mahadev, clearly establishing that the Pahalgam attack was carried out by Lashkar-e-Taiba, as all three belonged to the group.
Select The Times of India as your preferred source on Google SearchThe TOI News Desk comprises a dedicated and tireless team of jour...
Read MoreThe TOI News Desk comprises a dedicated and tireless team of journalists who operate around the clock to deliver the most current and comprehensive news and updates to the readers of The Times of India worldwide. With an unwavering commitment to excellence in journalism, our team is at the forefront of gathering, verifying, and presenting breaking news, in-depth analysis, and insightful reports on a wide range of topics. The TOI News Desk is your trusted source for staying informed and connected to the ever-evolving global landscape, ensuring that our readers are equipped with the latest developments that matter most."
Read Less
Start a Conversation
Post comment