The bizarre case of the flying sex toy may soon come to an end. The WNBA confirmed that the individual who threw a sex toy on the court at an Atlanta Dream game earlier in the week was arrested
A sex toy was thrown onto the court of a WNBA game between the Golden State Valkyries and Atlanta Dream earlier this week; this was the second such instance second a sex toy landing. The first sex toy landing incident took place during a Valkyries road game against the Chicago Sky, but was carried out by a different person, as per reports.
A man was just arrested in connection with WNBA's sex toy landing incident
WNBA has confirmed that immediate ejection will be taken against such an act, and a minimum one-year ban will be issued for anyone who throws an object onto the court.
“Any fan who intentionally throws an object onto the court will be immediately ejected and face a minimum one-year ban in addition to being subject to arrest and prosecution by local authorities,” the league wrote in a statement. “The safety and well-being of everyone in our arenas is a top priority for our league. Objects of any kind thrown onto the court or in the seating area can pose a safety risk for players, game officials, and fans. … The subject involved in the incident in Atlanta on Tuesday has been arrested.”
The incident in Atlanta occurred in the fourth quarter of the Dream’s game in College Park, Georgia. On Friday, another sex toy was thrown in Chicago during the third quarter of Golden State’s 73-66 victory over the Sky.
An official kicked the object aside, and it was eventually removed from the court.
The videos of both incidents have gone viral on social media, and many fans and athletes have denounced the debacle as humiliating.
New York Liberty Forward Isabelle Harrison called out security at the stadium and urged for more vigilance. She wrote on X, “ARENA SECURITY?! Hello??! Please do better. It’s not funny. never was funny. Throwing ANYTHING on the court is so dangerous.”
“It’s super disrespectful,” Sky center Elizabeth Williams said after the Valkyries’ victory. “I don’t really get the point of it. It’s really immature. Whoever is doing it needs to grow up.”
Valkyries forward Cecilia Zandalasini said after Tuesday’s game, "I mean, first of all, it was super dangerous.”
"And then when we found out what it was, I guess we just started laughing. I've never seen anything like that. I'm just glad we worked through that situation. We stayed locked in. We stayed concentrated."