Kiccha Sudeep: I'm here for CM Bommai, won't contest polls but will campaign for BJP
Amid speculations about his support to the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the state, Kannada superstar Kichcha Sudeep on Wednesday clarified that he has no plans to contest the forthcoming assembly elections. Speaking to mediapersons at the Bengaluru airport, Sudeep said he will only campaign for the saffron party. "I will only campaign for the BJP, not contest the elections," said Sudeep. BJP sources had earlier said that the actor was likely to join the party today in the presence of Karnataka chief minister Basavaraj Bommai and other party leaders. Karnataka Transport Minister B Siramulu said that the BJP will benefit from the induction of the actor. "Kichcha Sudeep is a very popular leader, along with a popular actor. He is a very big artist in the whole country. His support to BJP will be of great benefit to our party". The Karnataka minister added that the inclusion of artists and several leaders from other parties will go towards strengthening the party."JDS leaders and other artists are joining BJP one after the other. Our party is strong, but with their arrival, we will be even stronger. We will get 100 per cent votes for Karnataka this time," Siramulu added. Meanwhile, police said an alleged threat letter was received by Kichcha Sudeep's manager Jack Manju on Wednesday, after which a case has been filed in the matter.