'20 men killed hundreds': Maduro guard's chilling account of US raid; has warning for Latin America
The White House on Saturday shared a first-hand account of the US raid that led to the capture of Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro. The post detailed a Venezuelan security guard’s claim that regime forces were overwhelmed in what he described as a “massacre”.
“Stop what you are doing and read this,” White House Press secretary Karoline Leavitt wrote while sharing the account online.
The post, presented as an interview with a Venezuelan security guard who claimed to have been on duty during the raid, describes a sudden and overwhelming assault that left Venezuelan forces unable to respond. According to the account, radar systems “shut down without any explanation” before swarms of drones appeared overhead.
Also read: Wars without declarations: The American way
“We were on guard, but suddenly all our radar systems shut down,” the guard said. “The next thing we saw were drones, a lot of drones, flying over our positions. We didn’t know how to react.”
The guard claimed that only a handful of helicopters followed, deploying what he estimated to be “maybe twenty men”. He said that the Venezuelan forces were "technologically unmatched."
“They didn’t look like anything we’ve fought against before,” he said.
When asked how the confrontation unfolded, the guard replied: “It was a massacre.”
“We were hundreds, but we had no chance,” he said, describing gunfire delivered with “precision and speed”, adding that it appeared as though each attacker was firing “300 rounds per minute”.
The guard also described a weapon that he could not identify, which he likened to a sonic or acoustic device. “It was like a very intense sound wave,” he said. “Suddenly I felt like my head was exploding from the inside. We all started bleeding from the nose. Some were vomiting blood. We fell to the ground, unable to move.”
The guard claimed the attackers suffered no casualties, adding: “Those twenty men, without a single casualty, killed hundreds of us. We had no way to compete with their technology.”
He concluded with a stark warning to other countries in the region. “I’m sending a warning to anyone who thinks they can fight the United States,” he said. “They have no idea what they’re capable of.”
The account surfaced as US officials continue to defend the legality and necessity of the raid that saw Maduro seized in a predawn operation and flown out of Venezuela.
The mission followed months of covert intelligence-gathering by the CIA, including drone surveillance and human sources close to the Venezuelan leader, which allowed US planners to map his movements in minute detail.
Chair of the joint chiefs of staff Gen Dan Caine previously said the intelligence operation meant the US knew “where Maduro moved, what he ate and even what pets he kept”. Elite Delta Force commandos rehearsed the extraction on a full-scale replica of Maduro’s compound before launching the raid.
US forces reportedly disabled air defences, plunged parts of Caracas into darkness and cleared a path for helicopters carrying special operations troops. Maduro was captured within minutes and transferred to a US warship before being flown to the United States to face charges.
President Donald Trump has framed the operation as a decisive blow against drug trafficking in Latin America.
The post, presented as an interview with a Venezuelan security guard who claimed to have been on duty during the raid, describes a sudden and overwhelming assault that left Venezuelan forces unable to respond. According to the account, radar systems “shut down without any explanation” before swarms of drones appeared overhead.
Also read: Wars without declarations: The American way
“We were on guard, but suddenly all our radar systems shut down,” the guard said. “The next thing we saw were drones, a lot of drones, flying over our positions. We didn’t know how to react.”
The guard claimed that only a handful of helicopters followed, deploying what he estimated to be “maybe twenty men”. He said that the Venezuelan forces were "technologically unmatched."
“They didn’t look like anything we’ve fought against before,” he said.
When asked how the confrontation unfolded, the guard replied: “It was a massacre.”
“We were hundreds, but we had no chance,” he said, describing gunfire delivered with “precision and speed”, adding that it appeared as though each attacker was firing “300 rounds per minute”.
The guard also described a weapon that he could not identify, which he likened to a sonic or acoustic device. “It was like a very intense sound wave,” he said. “Suddenly I felt like my head was exploding from the inside. We all started bleeding from the nose. Some were vomiting blood. We fell to the ground, unable to move.”
The guard claimed the attackers suffered no casualties, adding: “Those twenty men, without a single casualty, killed hundreds of us. We had no way to compete with their technology.”
He concluded with a stark warning to other countries in the region. “I’m sending a warning to anyone who thinks they can fight the United States,” he said. “They have no idea what they’re capable of.”
Operation Absolute Resolve
The account surfaced as US officials continue to defend the legality and necessity of the raid that saw Maduro seized in a predawn operation and flown out of Venezuela.
The mission followed months of covert intelligence-gathering by the CIA, including drone surveillance and human sources close to the Venezuelan leader, which allowed US planners to map his movements in minute detail.
Chair of the joint chiefs of staff Gen Dan Caine previously said the intelligence operation meant the US knew “where Maduro moved, what he ate and even what pets he kept”. Elite Delta Force commandos rehearsed the extraction on a full-scale replica of Maduro’s compound before launching the raid.
US forces reportedly disabled air defences, plunged parts of Caracas into darkness and cleared a path for helicopters carrying special operations troops. Maduro was captured within minutes and transferred to a US warship before being flown to the United States to face charges.
President Donald Trump has framed the operation as a decisive blow against drug trafficking in Latin America.
Top Comment
m
mahesh agarwal
1 hour ago
American have chosen joker as their president . This men is useless and just need money at any cost .Read allPost comment
Popular from World
- 'Operation Hawkeye Strike': US carries out 'large-scale' airstrikes on Syria; targets ISIS
- US strikes Syria: Operation Hawkeye targets ISIS after deadly Palmyra ambush; what we know so far
- 'USA ready to help': Trump warns Iran amid rising protests; weighs possible airstrikes on Tehran's military targets, says report
- '20 men killed hundreds': Maduro guard's chilling account of US raid; has warning for Latin America
- 'You are not eligible for visa at this time': B1/B2 visas getting rejected in India, Redditor shares experience of Mumbai consulate
end of article
Trending Stories
- IND vs NZ: NZ openers get off cautiously as India search for early wicket
- Stephen Curry’s wife Ayesha Curry steps up to promote Jamaican tourism after devastating hurricane
- Connor McDavid’s wife Lauren Kyle confirms delay for Sports Club Atelier x Hockey Canada Collection but promises it’s worth the wait
- “I don't want to”: Travis Kelce’s wedding rule for Taylor Swift is already raising eyebrows
- Sam Kerr and Kristie Mewis combined net worth: Inside the football stars’ earnings, contracts, endorsements, and life together
- Vanessa Bryant and Natalia Bryant’s combined net worth: Exploring endorsements, career earnings, and more after Kobe Bryant’s demise
- “She’s been upfront about it”: Billionaire Taylor Swift reportedly uneasy about combining finances with Travis Kelce ahead of their high profile wedding
Featured in world
- Viral video shows Indian student arrested in UK for online grooming: What really happened?
- Iran simmers: Over 100 killed as protests intensify; what military options is US considering?
- Crypto in 2026 won’t be won by luck: Top Dubai experts reveal trading tips for profit that actually work
- Twitch ban halts Drututt’s momentum as League of Legends season draws massive attention
- “Good and stable”: Konvy breaks silence after terrifying livestream shooting in New York City
- Twitch viewbotting controversy grows as Asmongold and Hasan Piker trade claims using live stream analytics numbers online
Photostories
- From Deepika Padukone to Priyanka Chopra Jonas, what celeb moms are teaching us about balance and boundaries
- Bigg Boss Marathi 6: Confirmed list of contestants of Riteish Deshmukh’s show
- People travelling to Japan, don't do these 5 things
- Vamika Kohli birthday special: 5 times Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma spoke about their daughter
- How to wash and blanch spinach correctly and 12 easy dishes to enjoy in winter
- How to handle criticism without getting angry or offended: 5 effective tips
- 10 must-have dishes in the city of Jaipur
- How to make South Indian Onion Uttapam for breakfast
- 8 plants that bring calm, luck, and positive energy to your home
- 10 phrases to avoid before sending your child to school (and why)
Videos
12:27 Trump ‘CHEERS’ As Khamenei Protester Rips Islamic Republic Flag Off Iran Embassy In London | Watch06:14 'Your MALFUNCTION...': Putin BLASTS Zelensky As Saudi, Arab Nations Fume At Attack On Qatar Embassy14:30 'LEAVE IMMEDIATELY!': Trump Orders Americans Out Of Venezuela As Maduro Loyalists Launch Manhunt07:42 Trump's Brutal ISIS Revenge: US Military Air-drops 90 Bombs On Arab Nation After Venezuela12:08 HUGE! American Oil Giants ‘PULL BACK’ From Trump’s $100,000,000,000 Venezuela Dream Project06:59 Khamenei In BIG TROUBLE: Iran Riots Video Viral Despite Internet Crackdown; BOMBS, Torched Cars...07:06 'WILL FIRE ORESHNIK': Russia Threatens Europe; Putin Aide Blasts Macron Over Ukraine 'BULLS**T'06:35 Iran Captures 200 ‘Israeli-American Terror Organisers’; Trump ‘READY’ for ‘Iranian Mission’ |DETAILS07:20 Trump Faces Revolt; Protesters Occupy US Streets; Cities Protest ICE Invasion, Deadly Shooting
Up Next