PANAJI: In view of the bandh on Monday-called by the Bharatiya Bhasha Suraksha Manch (BBSM)-North Goa collector Mihir Vardhan had a review meeting with officers to effectively face any untoward incident and to see that no inconvenience is caused to the public.
Deputy collectors, mamlatdars, executive engineers, electricity engineers, forest and transport officials attended the meeting where the collector explained to them the plan of action, that will be implemented on Sunday itself.
Vardhan said, "We are going to form teams of officials and patrolling will begin from June 5 evening." Through the night, they will keep a vigil and will respond to any kind of problems that would arise either in the night or during the day.
Stating that the focus was on quick response, Vardhan said, "We don't want public or commuters to face any kind of inconvenience on the day of the bandh. We want to see that life is as normal as possible," he added.
Asked if additional forces would be provided to look into any untoward incident, Vardhan said, "Police have deployed additional forces-both central as well as local-and definitely we have made much more bandobast than what had been seen in earlier bandhs."
The collector also said that while private transporters have said that they would support the bandh, the government is making arrangements to see that Kadamba buses are being operated and would be pressing more buses into service so as to keep as many routes open as possible.