Bail pleas of six accused in Nashik TCS case rejected
Nashik: District court judge VV Kathare of Nashik on Friday rejected the bail applications of six accused in four different cases of sexual harassment and outraging modesty registered with the Mumbai Naka police based on complaints from women employees in TCS Nashik.
There are nine FIRs registered in Nashik based on the complaints of sexual harassment and outraging modesty. Eight of these are registered with the Mumbai Naka police while one is with the Deolali Camp police. The Special Investigation Team (SIT) formed by the Nashik commissioner of police, is investigating all these cases.
Eight people, including two women, have been arrested. The bail applications were filed by the counsels of five men and one woman employee in the court. During the hearing, the defence lawyer argued in court that the arrests “were illegal” as they were ready to cooperate with the investigation. “The accused were not involved in any kind of crime, sexual harassment or molestation, as claimed by the prosecution,” said defence lawyer Baba Sayyed.
The counsel for the arrested woman employee, who was (AGM Delivery), claimed that “no written complaint had been submitted to the accused” and hence, no action should have been initiated against the accused.
Strongly opposing these arguments, special public prosecutor Ajay Misar, assisted by assistant public prosecutor VR Gaikwad, submitted the arrest documentation and argued that the accused were actively evading the investigation and avoiding information disclosure despite being served notices.
“It may be noted that another woman employee accused in the case had been absconding for 40 days before being arrested from Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar. Had all accused fled, it would have been impossible for the SIT to conduct the probe,” said Misar.
Misar argued, “The accused exploited the helplessness of the victims, subjected them to atrocities, and regularly made obscene remarks to humiliate them.”
Eight people, including two women, have been arrested. The bail applications were filed by the counsels of five men and one woman employee in the court. During the hearing, the defence lawyer argued in court that the arrests “were illegal” as they were ready to cooperate with the investigation. “The accused were not involved in any kind of crime, sexual harassment or molestation, as claimed by the prosecution,” said defence lawyer Baba Sayyed.
The counsel for the arrested woman employee, who was (AGM Delivery), claimed that “no written complaint had been submitted to the accused” and hence, no action should have been initiated against the accused.
Strongly opposing these arguments, special public prosecutor Ajay Misar, assisted by assistant public prosecutor VR Gaikwad, submitted the arrest documentation and argued that the accused were actively evading the investigation and avoiding information disclosure despite being served notices.
“It may be noted that another woman employee accused in the case had been absconding for 40 days before being arrested from Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar. Had all accused fled, it would have been impossible for the SIT to conduct the probe,” said Misar.
Misar argued, “The accused exploited the helplessness of the victims, subjected them to atrocities, and regularly made obscene remarks to humiliate them.”
Comments (1)
S
Subramanian VaithiyanathanMost Interacted
9 hours ago
Don't give bail. They should rot in jail for the rest of their lives....Read More
Reply
0
Reply
end of article
In Nashik
- Rohit Pawar sets one-week deadline for govt to address onion farmers’ issues, warns of agitation
- Nashik pharmacists to join nationwide stir tomorrow
- Shiv Sena to perform better in upcoming ZP polls: Shrikant Shinde
- Civic body to upgrade junctions on city stretch of Nashik-Pune highway
- 'Came for Shani Amavasya ritual': Mantrik murders woman, her male kin after rape bid
- 53-year-old farmer killed in Parner, one held
- Communal narrative around TCS Nashik case scripted by BJP, claims Sujat Ambedkar
Featured In City
- India averted fuel crisis despite two global wars in 4 yrs: Puri
- Traffic, work at collectorate hit as lawyers protest LMC demolitoin drive, police action
- No more scribes, rehab varsity students to use special laptops for exams
- Higher diesel rates set to push up tender coconut prices
- Man heals from rare fistula condition that made him choke on water
- Latur-based private coaching centre director arrested in NEET paper leak case
- Public transport may get dearer as fuel prices rise
Photostories
- World's most culturally important rivers, and what they have in store for travellers
- OTT releases (May 18 to May 24): ‘Desi Bling’, ‘Jack Ryan’, ‘System’, ‘Ladies First’ lead the lineup
- Confused about how to remove the evil eye? Here are some remedies to get rid of negative vibes
- ‘Queer Eye’ to Rehab Addict: Slurs, Low ratings and final chapters, every major reality TV show cancelled in 2026
- 5 Unlucky Plants You Should Remove from Your Home to Attract Good Luck
- Indian kitchen decor that secretly make homes healthier
- 5 eye-catching sparrow birds every nature lover should know
- 8 GI-tagged Indian mangoes and what makes them special
- How to actually deal with toxic in-laws without losing your mind
- 5 most alluring grey snakes in the world
Videos
09:09 'Time Has Come': Suvendu's 'Deportation' Warning In Bhabanipur, Vows Action Over Kolkata Violence04:43 Delhi High Court Denies Interim Relief To Vinesh Phogat, Wrestler Barred From Asian Games Trials- “India Is Now Naxal-Free”: Home Minister Amit Shah Declares End Of Maoist Insurgency From Bastar
05:00 'I Am Trapped': Twisha Sharma's Last Message Before 'Dowry Death' In Bhopal | Headlines@906:36 'Demanded Fortuner Car, Rs 50 Lakh': Family Claims Noida Woman Was Thrown Off Terrace Over Dowry04:46 First Look Of India’s Bullet Train Unveiled As Mumbai-Ahmedabad Corridor Nears 2027 Launch04:47 Bengal Govt Forms Panels To Probe Corruption, Atrocities Against Women During TMC Regime03:51 ‘Secular, Socialist, Democratic, Lazy’: Inside India’s Viral Cockroach Janta Party03:22 Suvendu Adhikari Govt Ends Religion-Based Schemes In West Bengal, Scraps State OBC List
Hot Picks
Top Trends
Up Next
Follow Us On Social Media