TCS case: In 1st chargesheet, cops invoke rape, SC/ST abuse section
NASHIK: The Nashik police SIT on Friday filed a 1,500-page chargesheet related to the first TCS sexual harassment and hurting religious sentiments case registered against four accused in the special court of Nashik Road sessions judge Kedar Joshi.
Based on investigation so far, the police invoked charges under sections 61(2) [party to criminal conspiracy], 64 (rape), 68 (sexual intercourse by person in authority), 69 (sexual intercourse obtained by deceitful means or a false promise to marry), 75 (sexual harassment), 46 (abetting), 299 (deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage religious feelings), 238 (causing disappearance of evidence of offence, or giving false information to screen offender), 249 (harbouring offender), and 3(5) [common intention] of Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS) against the accused.
Besides, relevant charges under the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989 have been invoked in the chargesheet filed related to the FIR registered on March 26 based on the complaint of a woman TCS employee at the Deolali Camp police station. Nashik commissioner of police (CP) Sandeep Karnik had constituted a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to investigate this and eight other cases related to sexual harassment and hurting religious sentiments at the multinational company.
Karnik said, “The case was of an extremely serious nature. It involved the sexual harassment and exploitation of women at a workplace where victims were targeted based on their ethnicity. Taking into account the gravity of these offences, the SIT was formed to ensure a thorough investigation. TCS as a company has not been held responsible in the case.”
Assistant commissioner of police (crime) Sandeep Mitke, who heads the SIT, said, “Statements of 17 witnesses were recorded before the Judicial Magistrate First Class as per Section 183 of Bharatiya Nagarik Suraksha Sanhita (BNSS). The chargesheet also comprises medical examination reports of the victim and the accused, apart from evidence of forced conversion of the victim and hurting religious sentiments.”
He said the police had seized the original documents taken from the victim by the accused to change her name. The spot panchnama of the crime scene, bank statements of the accused, caste certificates, the vehicle used in the crime and an identification parade were among other evidence in the chargesheet.
Mitke said the chargesheet had been filed based on the evidence and witness statements obtained during the course of investigation of the registered crime, but the probe would continue further. A supplementary chargesheet would be filed as per Section 193(9) of the BNSS after obtaining additional evidence, he said.
The accused arrested in the crime continue to be in custody because the court rejected their bail applications. Ajay Misar is the special public prosecutor in the case.
Besides, relevant charges under the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989 have been invoked in the chargesheet filed related to the FIR registered on March 26 based on the complaint of a woman TCS employee at the Deolali Camp police station. Nashik commissioner of police (CP) Sandeep Karnik had constituted a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to investigate this and eight other cases related to sexual harassment and hurting religious sentiments at the multinational company.
Karnik said, “The case was of an extremely serious nature. It involved the sexual harassment and exploitation of women at a workplace where victims were targeted based on their ethnicity. Taking into account the gravity of these offences, the SIT was formed to ensure a thorough investigation. TCS as a company has not been held responsible in the case.”
Assistant commissioner of police (crime) Sandeep Mitke, who heads the SIT, said, “Statements of 17 witnesses were recorded before the Judicial Magistrate First Class as per Section 183 of Bharatiya Nagarik Suraksha Sanhita (BNSS). The chargesheet also comprises medical examination reports of the victim and the accused, apart from evidence of forced conversion of the victim and hurting religious sentiments.”
He said the police had seized the original documents taken from the victim by the accused to change her name. The spot panchnama of the crime scene, bank statements of the accused, caste certificates, the vehicle used in the crime and an identification parade were among other evidence in the chargesheet.
Mitke said the chargesheet had been filed based on the evidence and witness statements obtained during the course of investigation of the registered crime, but the probe would continue further. A supplementary chargesheet would be filed as per Section 193(9) of the BNSS after obtaining additional evidence, he said.
Comments
Be the first to share a thought and become theFirst Voiceof this News Article
end of article
In Nashik
- Elderly woman cheated of jewellery worth Rs1.5L
- Defence minister Rajnath Singh to inaugurate country’s largest private sector defence unit in Shirdi on May 23
- TCS case: In 1st chargesheet, cops invoke rape, SC/ST abuse section
- Burglary accused murders complainant outside his home in Jalgaon, police station in-charge among 4 suspended for failing to act despite warning signs
- Poll code puts brakes on Gangapur dam deadstock project
- Nashik civic body wants continuation of Traffic Education Park; fresh agreement likely
- Deputy registrar arrested in Rs 1.5-lakh bribery case in Jalgaon, sent to 2-day police custody
Featured In City
- APK files disguised as fake invitations used to cheat 2 of Rs8.5L
- Rebel AIADMK camp warming up to EPS-led group, keen for a reconciliation
- Last seen theory convicts man for B’luru techie’s murder
- Maval MP Shrirang Barne seeks all-party meet to revive stalled Pavana pipeline project
- BJP govt delivers results, that’s why people choose us: Yogi
- BJP govt has shut down around 70K schools, destroyed primary edu: Akhilesh
- ₹414 crore Arignar Anna Bus Terminus at Kuthambakkam on hold; awaits a date with CM Vijay
Photostories
- 5 most visited tourist attractions in the USA and what travellers need to know
- From facing rejections over her dark skin tone to refusing a fairness cream ad film: When The Kerala Story 2 actress Ulka Gupta spoke about her struggles
- Cannes 2026: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan sets the red carpet on fire in a blue crystal gown by Amit Aggarwal
- India’s most mystical and lesser-known mangrove forests travellers rarely talk about
- Aam Panna to Lassi: 10 traditional Indian summer drinks & their calories per serving
- 5 most beautiful parrots in the world that look almost unreal
- All about Harry Styles and his USD 30 million real estate investments over the years
- How children raised by overly strict parents turn out later in life: The answer is an eye-opener
- What is Lormalzi? Expert explains how it works and who it’s meant for
- 5 cooling essential oils perfect for stressful summer days
Videos
03:03 Department Of Space Clears Major Space Manufacturing Clusters In Gujarat And Tamil Nadu03:08 Centre To Create Strong Anti-Infiltration Security Layer Across Tripura, Assam And Bengal: Amit Shah04:38 SC To Revisit UAPA Bail Standards As Umar Khalid Case Sparks Bigger Constitutional Debate03:19 India Conducts Successful Agni-1 Missile Test; Strategic Forces Command Validates All Parameters03:01 Suvendu Adhikari Announces New Direct Deportation Policy For Illegal Bangladeshi Migrants05:11 Kerala Swearing-In Sees Unity Moments As Rivals Exchange Smiles Inside Assembly Hall Today in Kerala04:23 Twisha Sharma Case: Husband Samarth Singh Surrenders In Court, Taken Into Police Custody | Watch03:03 West Bengal: Crude Bombs Recovered In Birbhum’s Kod Village, Area Cordoned Off07:35 West Bengal Begins Border Fencing In Phansidewa Amid Rising Infiltration And Smuggling Concerns
Hot Picks
Top Trends
Up Next
Follow Us On Social Media