Ghaziabad suicides: Cops find second YouTube channel run by sisters
Ghaziabad: Police investigating the alleged suicides of three sisters in Bharat City have found that the girls had been running an earlier YouTube channel since 2023 — separate from the one they launched in 2025 and which their father deleted about 10 days before their deaths.
The older channel, created on July 23, 2023, surfaced during a two-hour questioning of their father, Chetan Kumar. When police checked his phone, they found the channel in his YouTube search history. The channel is still active.
The three sisters — aged 16, 14 and 12 — were found lying next to each other on the society premises directly below their ninth-floor window on Feb 4. They were taken to hospital and declared dead on arrival.
Police said the 2023 channel, titled ‘JC Editz', had 37 subscribers and was operated from Kumar's phone. An officer said Kumar told cops he had "forgotten" about the channel, which is why it remained active.
Police said the channel carried 24 videos featuring Korean and Chinese content, though 17 videos were later deleted by the girls for reasons the father said he did not know. The channel also had 17 Shorts. The most viewed, titled ‘AL Nazer', drew 5.1k views. The channel's total views stand at 13,367, police said, adding that the last upload was about two months ago.
Cops said the sisters later created a second YouTube channel in mid-2025, this time with their father's support. Kumar told police he helped set it up, hoping they would become "famous like other YouTubers". The channel grew to more than 2,000 followers, but he deleted it around 10 days before the incident after he felt the girls were becoming increasingly obsessed with Korean culture, police said.
A senior officer said Kumar described the sisters as "living in their own world" and repeatedly expressing a desire to go to Korea after consuming reels and other online content. The girls made videos about Korea and cartoon characters, sometimes portraying themselves as "royal" figures such as Elsa and Cinderella.
The phones the sisters used have become central to the investigation. Police said Kumar bought two handsets about six months ago for the eldest daughter and her 14-year-old half-sister. He then sold one of the devices three months ago and the other about 15 days before the deaths. On Sunday, police recovered one of the sold phones from a mobile shop in Shalimar Garden and retrieved incremental data.
Data recovered so far shows the sisters spent more than 20 hours a day on the phone. Their YouTube history included extensive Korean and Chinese songs, along with Korean dramas and films, and other Asian content. Police also found viewing and gaming material that the sisters mentioned in their suicide note, including horror games such as Poppy Playtime, The Baby in Yellow, Ice Cream Man, Evil Nun and Ice Game.
The three sisters — aged 16, 14 and 12 — were found lying next to each other on the society premises directly below their ninth-floor window on Feb 4. They were taken to hospital and declared dead on arrival.
Police said the 2023 channel, titled ‘JC Editz', had 37 subscribers and was operated from Kumar's phone. An officer said Kumar told cops he had "forgotten" about the channel, which is why it remained active.
Police said the channel carried 24 videos featuring Korean and Chinese content, though 17 videos were later deleted by the girls for reasons the father said he did not know. The channel also had 17 Shorts. The most viewed, titled ‘AL Nazer', drew 5.1k views. The channel's total views stand at 13,367, police said, adding that the last upload was about two months ago.
Cops said the sisters later created a second YouTube channel in mid-2025, this time with their father's support. Kumar told police he helped set it up, hoping they would become "famous like other YouTubers". The channel grew to more than 2,000 followers, but he deleted it around 10 days before the incident after he felt the girls were becoming increasingly obsessed with Korean culture, police said.
The phones the sisters used have become central to the investigation. Police said Kumar bought two handsets about six months ago for the eldest daughter and her 14-year-old half-sister. He then sold one of the devices three months ago and the other about 15 days before the deaths. On Sunday, police recovered one of the sold phones from a mobile shop in Shalimar Garden and retrieved incremental data.
Data recovered so far shows the sisters spent more than 20 hours a day on the phone. Their YouTube history included extensive Korean and Chinese songs, along with Korean dramas and films, and other Asian content. Police also found viewing and gaming material that the sisters mentioned in their suicide note, including horror games such as Poppy Playtime, The Baby in Yellow, Ice Cream Man, Evil Nun and Ice Game.
You Can Also Check: Noida AQI
|
Bank Holidays in Noida |
Gold Rate Today in Noida |
Silver Rate Today in Noida
Popular from City
- Sena (UBT) MP Sanjay Raut says Congress should be ashamed of its loss in Chandrapur mayor polls
- 'Stabbed them repeatedly': US-returned Bengaluru techie kills retired Navy captain father, doctor mother in villa over startup funding
- Madras high court asks Dhoni to pay Rs 10 lakh for CD transcription in defamation suit
- Student with 1/800 score in NEET-PG bags MS orthopaedics seat at pvt college in Hyderabad
- Chennai CGST commissioner suspended
end of article
Trending Stories
- IND vs NAM, T20 WC: Axar adds to spin squeeze after Chakravarthy strikes thrice; Namibia six down
- JEE Main 2026 Result Date & Time Live Updates: Session 1 answer keys are expected to be released soon, scorecards to be issued on Feb 16, check latest updates here
- Bangladesh Election 2026 Live Updates: Counting begins; Sheikh Hasina calls for cancellation of 'farce' elections
- Inside Bishnoi gang’s hit list: Sidhu Moosewala, Salman Khan, Ranveer Singh, Rohit Shetty & more
- Haryana shocker: 25-year-old woman travelling in e-rickshaw crushed to death after drunk cop's car rams vehicle
03:11 Kanpur Lamborghini crash: Tobacco baron KK Mishra's son Shivam Mishra arrested 4 days after VIP Road rampage; to appear in court shortly- Student Alleges Forced Marriage: Police rescue 22-year-old in Samastipur; statement pending
Featured in city
- Bharat Bandh Today Live Updates: 30 crore workers expected to join nationwide strike; banks, transport services likely to be impacted
- Inside Bishnoi gang’s hit list: Sidhu Moosewala, Salman Khan, Ranveer Singh, Rohit Shetty & more
- MBA student goes missing after falling into Uttarakhand’s Gangnahar canal
- 4 years on, no bridge; locals walk 10 km daily for essentials in Uttarakhand's Pilang village
- Maharashtra’s Suraksha Smart City to deliver 5,868 PMAY homes in phases
- Speeding school vehicle hits auto, kills 2 girls on scooter in Bengaluru; driver held
Photostories
- These are the world’s narrowest residential buildings: Thin but iconic
- 5 legendary species of Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve, and why tourists keep coming back
- Top 5 abandoned-ghost malls in Delhi NCR which were once shopping haven
- This Jimikand & Sattu Galouti Kebab is a must-try
- 5 driver-assistance technologies that make cars safer
- Taylor Swift’s most viral on-stage moments: From performing in the rain to giving a shout-out to Blake Lively's kids
- 5 Vastu-suggested wind chimes to hang at home for attracting love and luck
- Not Deepika Padukone, Not Rashmika Mandanna, Not Aishwarya Rai, THIS actress became the first to deliver Rs 1000 crore blockbuster
- The royal legacy of Bhagalpuri silk: Why it has earned the title ‘Queen of all Silks’.
- ‘The 50’: From a luxurious house to car collection, net worth and more- Karan Patel’s lavish lifestyle
Videos
03:04 ‘Modi Under Trump’s Grip’: Rahul Gandhi Hits Back At Nishikant Dubey’s Motion04:28 ‘Privilege Motion’ A Code Word? Rahul Gandhi Takes Dig At Media; BJP Hits Back05:54 Indus Waters Row Deepens After Pakistan's 'Dewatering' Charge On New Dam, India Dismisses Claim04:16 Donald Trump's Old 'Destroy Modi's Career' Comment Sparks Row As India Responds With Firm Message27:53 Lamborghini Brat Walks Free Within Hours Of Arrest; BJP MP Demands Rahul’s Disqualification From LS05:39 Brazil President To Visit India With 260 Firms To Boost Trade, Push Global Governance Reform Agenda04:20 Family of Indian Student Killed by US Officer Secures Rs 260 Crore Settlement04:43 ‘Amit Shah Called Me, Then Came the Raid’: Bhupesh Baghel’s Big Charge04:25 India Approves Rs 3.25 Lakh Crore Rafale Fighter Jet Deal As Air Force Seeks Squadron Expansion Plan
Up Next
Start a Conversation
Post comment