VISAKHAPATNAM: Even as
swine flu cases continued to flow into city hospitals with a 20-year-old pregnant woman being admitted on Monday night, Andhra Pradesh chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Tuesday held a review meeting with the superintendents of government hospitals, where swine flu cases are being treated, and emphasised on the need to prevent further spread of the dreaded H1N1 virus by tracking the source of infection and saving patients through early treatment.
From Vizag, Government Chest Hospital medical superintendent Dr Sambasiva Rao and King George Hospital medical superintendent Dr Madhusudana Babu were present at the swine-flu control meeting held in Hyderabad and informed the CM about the overall situation in the district, including the number of confirmed and suspected cases.
The latest suspected case, a 36-weeks pregnant woman residing close to Jalaripeta in Vizag city, was admitted with swine-flu like symptoms at KGH on Monday night. Even as the test reports of the woman are awaited, another suspected case (15-year-old girl) is already undergoing treatment at the Government Hospital for Chest and Communicable Diseases, where her condition is said to be stable.
"We had three more fever cases being admitted to our hospital but after tests we found they are suffering from dengue and not H1N1. Currently, we have one positive swine flu case - a 56-year-old woman from Kotha Road, who is stable," said Dr Rao of the Government Chest Hospital.
So far five confirmed cases of swine flu have been reported from the city, including that of Araku MP Kothapalli Geetha. The MP is undergoing treatment at a private hospital and her condition is stable.