US F-15 down in Kuwait? Iran shares video showing fighter jet engulfed in flames, pilots ejecting
An American-made F-15 fighter jet of the US Air Force crashed in Kuwait on Monday amid escalating tensions in the Middle East following the joint US-Israel military action that led to the killing of Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.
The conflict in the rapidly evolving Middle East has widened following the killing of Iran’s Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.
07:12
Iran’s state-run Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA) on Monday claimed that a US F-15 fighter jet was shot down over Kuwait earlier in the day.
Citing local sources, IRNA shared a video clip that it said shows the downing of the American fighter jet.
“According to local sources, a US F-15 fighter jet was shot down in the skies above Kuwait earlier on Monday morning,” the post said.
However, the exact cause of the crash has not yet been officially confirmed.
According to initial reports, both the pilot and the Weapons Systems Officer (WSO) aboard the US Air Force F-15E Strike Eagle that crashed over Kuwait have survived.
Local residents reportedly found the two crew members and later handed them over to Kuwaiti authorities.
A video of the fighter jet crash has also surfaced on social media.
Some reports suggest the aircraft may have been hit in a possible "friendly fire" incident involving the US Air Force. However, US Central Command and the Pentagon have not yet officially confirmed the cause of the crash.
Earlier, the US Central Command (CENTCOM) shared a post on X claiming that Iran had targeted several locations across the region, including "Dubai International Airport; Kuwait International Airport; Zayed International Airport, Dubai; Erbil International Airport, Iraq; Port of Dubai" as well as residential areas in Israel, Bahrain and Qatar.
Al Jazeera also reported on Monday that new explosions were heard in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, along with loud bangs in Doha. Arab News reported that Iranian missiles and drones had targeted Kuwait and Bahrain as well. An eyewitness told news agency Reuters that smoke was seen rising from near the US embassy in Kuwait.
Earlier in the day, the Kuwait Air Defence Force shot down "a number of hostile aerial targets" early Monday morning (local time), according to the Kuwait Army.
In a post on X, the Kuwait army wrote, "The Official Spokesman for the ministry of defense stated that the Kuwaiti air defense force confronted a number of hostile aerial targets at dawn today with efficiency and capability, as they were monitored and intercepted within the scope of operations in the central part of the country, as part of the complete readiness to protect the nation's airspace, with no casualties recorded. He affirmed that the armed forces continue to carry out their duties and address any potential developments, ensuring the preservation of the country's security and stability."
The developments come as Ali Larijani, Secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council, firmly rejected on Monday that Iran would negotiate with the United States.
The second meeting of the Provisional Leadership Council was held after Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei was killed on Saturday in US-Israel strikes carried out under Operation Epic Fury/Roaring Lion.
Following Khamenei’s killing, Donald Trump addressed the Iranian public on Saturday, calling on them to topple the government. "This will probably be your only chance for generations," he said after the US and Israeli attacks on Iran began.
The Provisional Leadership Council was formed shortly after Supreme Leader Khamenei and several top security officials were killed in the ongoing US and Israeli strikes.
The interim council, which includes President Masoud Pezeshkian, will oversee the country until a new supreme leader is elected. Iranian state media reported that at least 201 people have been killed in the attacks across 24 provinces, according to Al Jazeera.
Israel attacks Iran
900 Strikes In Just...: US Unleashes Deadly B-2 Bombers To Raid Irans Underground Missile Sites
Iran’s state-run Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA) on Monday claimed that a US F-15 fighter jet was shot down over Kuwait earlier in the day.
“According to local sources, a US F-15 fighter jet was shot down in the skies above Kuwait earlier on Monday morning,” the post said.
However, the exact cause of the crash has not yet been officially confirmed.
According to initial reports, both the pilot and the Weapons Systems Officer (WSO) aboard the US Air Force F-15E Strike Eagle that crashed over Kuwait have survived.
Local residents reportedly found the two crew members and later handed them over to Kuwaiti authorities.
A video of the fighter jet crash has also surfaced on social media.
Some reports suggest the aircraft may have been hit in a possible "friendly fire" incident involving the US Air Force. However, US Central Command and the Pentagon have not yet officially confirmed the cause of the crash.
Earlier, the US Central Command (CENTCOM) shared a post on X claiming that Iran had targeted several locations across the region, including "Dubai International Airport; Kuwait International Airport; Zayed International Airport, Dubai; Erbil International Airport, Iraq; Port of Dubai" as well as residential areas in Israel, Bahrain and Qatar.
Al Jazeera also reported on Monday that new explosions were heard in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, along with loud bangs in Doha. Arab News reported that Iranian missiles and drones had targeted Kuwait and Bahrain as well. An eyewitness told news agency Reuters that smoke was seen rising from near the US embassy in Kuwait.
Earlier in the day, the Kuwait Air Defence Force shot down "a number of hostile aerial targets" early Monday morning (local time), according to the Kuwait Army.
In a post on X, the Kuwait army wrote, "The Official Spokesman for the ministry of defense stated that the Kuwaiti air defense force confronted a number of hostile aerial targets at dawn today with efficiency and capability, as they were monitored and intercepted within the scope of operations in the central part of the country, as part of the complete readiness to protect the nation's airspace, with no casualties recorded. He affirmed that the armed forces continue to carry out their duties and address any potential developments, ensuring the preservation of the country's security and stability."
The developments come as Ali Larijani, Secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council, firmly rejected on Monday that Iran would negotiate with the United States.
The second meeting of the Provisional Leadership Council was held after Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei was killed on Saturday in US-Israel strikes carried out under Operation Epic Fury/Roaring Lion.
Following Khamenei’s killing, Donald Trump addressed the Iranian public on Saturday, calling on them to topple the government. "This will probably be your only chance for generations," he said after the US and Israeli attacks on Iran began.
The Provisional Leadership Council was formed shortly after Supreme Leader Khamenei and several top security officials were killed in the ongoing US and Israeli strikes.
The interim council, which includes President Masoud Pezeshkian, will oversee the country until a new supreme leader is elected. Iranian state media reported that at least 201 people have been killed in the attacks across 24 provinces, according to Al Jazeera.
Top Comment
U
User Raj Kumar
2 hours ago
Former heads of Shin Beth and the Mossad Yuval Diskin and Meir Dagan both men with intimate knowledge of Iran and its security apparatus and army warned Nethanyahu a long time ago never to touch Iran for two reasons. The first being that it is not an existential threat to Israel or the West and second that their capabilities would destroy Israel. Nethanyahu and Trump are two leaders fighting for their survival as free men because of the crimnal activities they have engaged in during and prior to their careers which they failed to disclose and which would have barred them from office and sent them to jail forever. The offences for which they will be charged are so serious especially in Nethanyahus case that he would spend life in jail or face assassination for having betrayed the Mossad and Shin Beth through his use of these two organizations for his own personal benefit. Today the fact that Iran can take down hi tech American fighter jets like the F14-E Eagle is evidence that the Iranians can and will bring the Israeli and American forces to their knees through a slow war of attrition. Israel will never ever put boots on the ground in Iran and neither will the Americans. Israel's manpower has been near depleted and is now merely a domestic home guard. It would be sign of their military might if they could put boots on the ground in Iran. After Beirut 1984 they learned never to get involved in any Middle East conflict at that level. The Arab nations hosting US troops and bases now know how vulnerable they are. Even if they can hold out, the Iranians and other Shi'ites (a large number) amongst them will be a living threat which will decimate them and the West's access to oil will be forever a problem.Read allPost comment
Popular from World
- All expenses paid: UAE covers accommodation, meals, flights for 20000+ stranded travellers in emirates amid Iran–US–Israel war
- 'Not about democracy building': What are America's objectives in Iran? US general expects 'more losses'
- US-Iran war: Kuwait 'mistakenly' shoots down three American F-15s in friendly fire incident
- Taliban strike multiple military bases in Pakistan; strategic Nur Khan Airbase in Rawalpindi hit
- US, Israel wipe out key Iranian leaders in attack blitz; how it may be a tactical blunder
end of article
Trending Stories
- US-Israel Attack Iran Live Updates: US, Israel continue bombing in Iran; Israeli jets strike Hezbollah targets in Lebanon's Beirut
- Vayu Shakti-2026: IAF showcases multi-layered air defence; S-400 achieves record intercept
- Is Pittsburgh the final stop for Aaron Rodgers? Ian Rapoport shares major update on Steelers and 2026 future
- Strait Of Hormuz Supply Risks: Middle East tensions threaten Asian oil flows; India has 74-day reserves
- Tiger Woods hints at frustration after Rory McIlroy & Co.-led team suffers tough TGL defeat
- All about Iran’s late supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei's wife and children
- Who is Jason Anderson’s wife? All you need to know about Kenzie Meads amid domestic violence report
Featured in world
- She votes for herself, becomes mayor and approves her own liquor licence: Inside America’s town of one
- Is that really Jim Carrey? Actor breaks silence after hyper-realistic makeup artist mask post goes viral
- Dubai-born Indian founder trolled for 'long live UAE' post: 'Mocking NRIs isn't going to help'
- High-level updates from Middle East: Indian-origin investor says she spent 2 hours with Trump before US struck Iran
11:10 Don't drink too much: Nancy Mace says her heart goes out to Ilhan Omar as Khamenei is killed08:53 US–Israel war with Iran: Did Iranian state media post Ayatollah Ali Khamenei in ‘heaven’ with 72 virgins?
Photostories
- Holi Special: How to make Kathal Ki Sabzi at home
- Exclusive: The 50s Monalisa opens up on feeling sidelined by TV actors, hits back at Rajat Dalal and reacts to plastic surgery remarks about Nikki Tamboli
- Top 5 Harrison Ford films to watch on OTT: ‘What Lies Beneath’, ‘The Age of Adaline’ and ‘Air Force One’
- 10 black-coloured foods and why you should eat more of them
- All eyes are on stylish newlyweds Rashmika Mandanna-Vijay Deverakonda as they join Allu Arjun at Sirish’s pre-wedding soirée
- Zendaya & Tom Holland; Billy Crudup & Naomi Watts: Celebs who secretly tied the knot away from the spotlight
- US-Israel attack on Iran: Khamenei’s death, Iran’s retaliation and military arsenals in action- in pics
- Feeling exhausted? How to know if it’s low B12 or burnout and what to do about it
- 6 ways to improve your car’s fuel efficiency
- 10 food one should essentially eat in the month of March and why
Videos
12:54 Spain Denies US Permission To Use Its Bases For Iran Strikes As Europe Split Widens11:39 ‘Regime Like Iran Can’t Go Nuclear’: Hegseth’s Sharp Warning After US Military Casualties09:19 'Prolonged & Punishing War': Iran's Security Chief's Big Warning To US After Khamenei’s Killing- ‘NO WARSHIPS LEFT…’: US–Iran Fight Spirals 'OUT OF CONTROL' In Gulf of Oman; 'Washington Warns...'
- Putin's Big Move Amid Iran War, Makes 'EMERGENCY CALL' To Top Arab Leader; 'ATTACKS MUST...'
09:38 After Explosions, Now Sirens Wail At NATO’s Akrotiri Air Base Amid Iranian Missile Fears11:10 U.S. Military Toll Rises To 4 In Iran Attacks, Trump Vows Revenge | WATCH08:01 US Confirms F-15E Strike Eagles Downed In Kuwait Chaos Amid Explosive Middle East Combat09:43 'No Military Resources': NATO Split Over Iran War? After UK, This Nation Vetoes Joining Conflict
Up Next