CHANDIGARH: The tituar character of Potter series is here again with the release of his sixth film. Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince seems to be pulling in quiet a crowd and multiplex owners are basking in the glory of superhero���s success yet again. Within three days into its release, the fantasy-adventure saga has witnessed full occupancy in almost all multiplexes of the city.
With Harry Potter becoming a household name among urban Indians, people from all age groups were eagerly awaiting release of the ���dark fantasy,��� as the film has been described by many.
According to the manager of Big Cinemas, the multiplex received overwhelming response from the audience. ������As compared to ���Harry Potter and Order of the Phoenix,��� the latest film has pulled in more youngsters. All shows are going full and making good business,������ Amber Saxena added.
Talking on similar lines, PVR cinemas manager, Chandra Mohan Sharma, said, ������Almost 80% of the advance bookings are already done for the weekend ahead. So far, 100% occupancy was recorded during first three days,������ he added.
Meanwhile, DT Cinemas claims to have made an income of over two lakh since release of the much-awaited film. DT���s shift manager, Gagan Deep, said, ������Almost 40% of the tickets have been booked for Sunday and we declared houseful shows on Friday and Saturday,������ he said.
He, however, added that despite good response, the craze seems to be missing this year. ������Parents are coming with their kids for the movie. Earlier, the Potter fever pulled in more youngsters,������ he said. However, there is no doubt that the Potter following has shown an upward trend in past few years, especially when compared with other Hollywood flicks. ������The movie has excited more audience than other Hollywood flicks like ���Transformers and Terminator Salvation���, which were also released recently,������ said Chandra Mohan.