GURGAON: With the toll of the Rewari factory blast rising to 16, a workers’ union in Faridabad staged a protest against the company and its contractors on Tuesday.
Workers affiliated with the Krantikari Mazdoor Morcha demanded a compensation of Rs 1 crore for the kin of those who lost their lives in the March 16 accident, which they said was the result of negligence of the company — Lifelong India — and its contractors. No arrests have been made in the case so far.
Morcha general secretary Satyaveer Singh said, “Around 40 people were present at the accident site and 16 of them are already dead. Had the company and the contractors been a little careful, the entire episode could have been avoided.”
We also published the following articles recently