KANPUR: A panel of doctors who conducted the postmortem examination of the five-year-old rape victim confirmed sexual assault with her.
The girl had been raped and stoned to death on Thursday and the body of the deceased was recovered by the police from an abandoned pump house near Lucknow crossing on Friday falling under the limits of the Rail Bazar police station.
The autopsy was conducted till late in the night on Friday by Deputy CMO Mahesh Kumar, Dr Vipin Chaturvedi and Dr OP Rai who concluded that excessive loss of blood became the cause of the death of the girl. The autospy confirmed that the girl was hit by a hard object on her head to cause death.
Also hard object had been used to deface the minor. This was done by the accused to conceal her identity. The girl had initially gone missing from outside her house on Wednesday.
SSP Shalabh Mathur told TOI that the girl was subjected to sexual assault before being killed. He said that the two accused who are adults have been sent to jail and the minor accused who is 11 years of age will be sent to 'Bal Sudhar Grah'. He also mentioned that the medical examination of all the three accused has been done and now police were proceeding in the case.
SSP also said that legal and disciplinary action is being taken against the constable who did not apprise his seniors about the missing girl when her family had approached him at the police station. He said that a case has already been registered in Rail Bazar police station and law is taking its course of action.