This story is from July 27, 2016

Lawyers may revive agitation

Lawyers may revive agitation
(Representative image)
KOLHAPUR: The lawyers who were demanding a separate bench of the high court in Kolhapur are planning to renew their agitation.
The Kolhapur District Bar Association has convened a meeting of its members from Kolhapur, Sangli, Satara, Solapur, Ratnagiri and Sindhudurg districts on July 30 to discuss the issue. The lawyers will be meeting Chief Minister Devendra Fadanvis next month.
Prakash More, president of the KDBA and the convenor of the join action committee formed to lead the agitation said, "A number of issues will be tabled before the meeting, the major one being withdrawal of the undertaking given to the high court on not boycotting court proceedings.
1x1 polls
The undertaking was given by the last year's body and, as per the court's orders, it is binding on the existing body also. But, my opinion is that it is not binding on us and that we should withdraw the undertaking. Until we take such steps, all the lawyers will not participate in the agitation. My priority will be to convince all the fellow members to withdraw the undertaking."
KDBA vice-president Arun Patil said, "We have met guardian minister Chandrakant Patil who has assured us to facilitate a meeting with Fadanvis next month. We will put forward our demands regarding fulfilling of promises to provide funds for infrastructural development required for the circuit bench and take concrete steps to provide land for the same."
End of Article
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA