This story is from March 12, 2011

BJP's plans stir from April 6

In its bid to put the Congress-led UPA on the mat on the issues of corruption, price rise and black money, the BJP has decided to launch a countrywide Jan Sangharsh (people’s struggle ) as was done by Jaya Prakash Narayan (JP) 37 years ago. The campaign will begin on April 6.
BJP's plans stir from April 6
PATNA: In its bid to put the Congress-led UPA on the mat on the issues of corruption, price rise and black money, the BJP has decided to launch a countrywide Jan Sangharsh (people’s struggle ) as was done by Jaya Prakash Narayan (JP) 37 years ago. The campaign will begin on April 6.
The party’s focus, however, would be on seven states ruled by non-BJP political parties.
1x1 polls
These states are Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Orissa, Maharashtra, Goa, Haryana and Delhi.
In this regard, BJP national spokesman and Bhagalpur MP Syed Shahnawaz Hussain said here on Saturday that the campaign and agitation would be conducted in two phases. The first phase, which will begin on April 6, would be marked by rallies to be addressed by the national leaders.
The party’s state leaders who accompanied Hussain were state party chief Dr C P Thakur, spokesmen and MLA Prem Ranjan Patel, Sanjay Mayukh and the party’s Pirpainty MLA Aman Paswan. According to Hussain, before the formal launch of the ‘Jan Sangharsh’ on April 6, the campaign would be marked by popular forms of protests – padyatra (foot march), nukkad natak (thematic street plays) and prabhat pheri (morning marches).
He added the party had constituted committees in the non-BJP ruled states, which would assess the performance of the respective governments and submit chargesheets to governor pointing out the ‘maha ghotalas’ (mega scams).’ However, the chargesheets in the seven states would be submitted after the assembly elections in five states are completed.
These decisions were taken at a national meet of the BJP leadership held in Delhi, in which state leaders also participated. The Jan Sangharsh programme had the concurrence of BJP president
Nitin Gadkari, parliamentary party chairman L K Advani, leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley. Hussain said that the BJP had already emerged victorious on the matters related to Central Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) PJ Thomas, and constitution of Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) to look into the 2G scam.
“We have won victory in Parliament. Now we will take the issue to the people through popular struggle,” Hussain said, and added that fingers being raised against the BJP government in Karnataka were futile attempts by the Congress to tarnish the image of the BJP.
End of Article
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA