• News
  • India News
  • 'Will never abandon Delhi': CM Rekha Gupta to hold Jan Sunwais in every constituency; says 'accidents happen'

'Will never abandon Delhi': CM Rekha Gupta to hold Jan Sunwais in every constituency; says 'accidents happen'

'Will never abandon Delhi': CM Rekha Gupta to hold Jan Sunwais in every constituency; says 'accidents happen'
NEW DELHI: Delhi chief minister Rekha Gupta on Wednesday announced that she will hold public hearings not only at her residence but in every assembly constituency in Delhi.This came a day after Gupta was allegedly attacked during the weekly Jan Sunvai (public hearing) session at her Civil Lines house.
Delhi CM Rekha Gupta Attacked During Jan Sunwai, Attacker Rajesh Khimji Nabbed By Police
In a social media post on X, Gupta said that the incident won’t prevent her from fighting for the interests of Delhi’s people."When I was in college, my dad gave me a car to drive. One day, there was a major accident. I got scared and became afraid to even touch the car again. Then my dad said that accidents happen in life, but you mustn’t stop out of fear. You can’t give up walking on the road," the Delhi CM said."Today, his same lesson comes back to me. Yesterday, another accident happened, but I can never stop fighting for the interests of Delhi’s people. Every moment of my life and every fibre of my being is dedicated to Delhi. Despite all these unexpected blows, I will never abandon Delhi," she added."Anyway, women have double the strength to fight through hardships. They have to face countless tests to prove themselves. I, too, am ready! Now, public hearings will not only take place at my home but in every assembly constituency in Delhi. Your Chief Minister, at your doorstep," she further said.
The assault took place on Wednesday morning at the CM's Civil Lines camp office during a public interaction session.According to the Delhi CMO, the attack appeared to be part of a “well-planned conspiracy to kill her.” Gupta was taken to hospital for a medical examination following the incident.Police officials said the accused, identified as 41-year-old Rajesh Sakriya Khimjibhai from Rajkot, Gujarat, is currently in five-day police custody. The Delhi Police, along with the Intelligence Bureau (IB) and Special Cell, are investigating the case from all possible angles. His phone is being examined by forensic experts, and police are scrutinising his social media accounts for any leads.An attempt-to-murder case under Sections 109(1), 132, and 221 of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS) has been registered against the accused. Police records show Khimjibhai has a criminal history and was previously booked in five cases, including a knife attack.
author
About the Author
TOI News Desk

The TOI News Desk comprises a dedicated and tireless team of journalists who operate around the clock to deliver the most current and comprehensive news and updates to the readers of The Times of India worldwide. With an unwavering commitment to excellence in journalism, our team is at the forefront of gathering, verifying, and presenting breaking news, in-depth analysis, and insightful reports on a wide range of topics. The TOI News Desk is your trusted source for staying informed and connected to the ever-evolving global landscape, ensuring that our readers are equipped with the latest developments that matter most."

End of Article
Follow Us On Social Media