Kozhikode: The family of a 20-year-old youth from Wayanad, who had travelled to Iran as part of an internship on a cargo vessel, said that have been unable to contact him for the last 25 days.
Fadusha Farhan, a native of Edayoorkunnu near Mananthavady, had contacted his family on Feb 27 — a day before the conflict broke out in the West Asian country — after which his phone has remained unreachable.
Farhan's mother, Raihanath, said he had gone to Iran as part of an internship and was attached to the Malta-flagged cargo vessel Arucas.
"During the last communication, he had said that the ship had been loaded and would soon proceed to Turkey.
Since then, we have not been able to reach him on the phone," she said.
Raihanath added that when the family contacted the shipping agency, they were unable to provide clear information about Farhan's whereabouts, stating only that he would be sent back to India once the situation improves.
"We are not sure whether he is unable to contact us due to internet connectivity issues or something else," she said.
Raihanath also said that another youth, Jerin Joseph from Idukki, who was on the same vessel as Farhan, has also not contacted his family.