• News
  • India News
  • Kanpur Lamborghini crash: Shivam Mishra's lawyer says driver was behind wheel; calls it 'accident case'

Kanpur Lamborghini crash: Shivam Mishra's lawyer says driver was behind wheel; calls it 'accident case'

Kanpur Lamborghini crash: Shivam Mishra's lawyer says driver was behind wheel; calls it 'accident case'
A view of the black Lamborghini that hits several people near the Rev 3, at Gwaltoli police station in Kanpur on Sunday. (ANI photo)
NEW DELHI: Uttar Pradesh tobacco baron KK Mishra's son Shivam, who was allegedly behind the wheel of a Lamborghini that hit pedestrians and a motorcycle in Kanpur, was not driving the luxury car at the time, his counsel Mrityunjay Kumar claimed on Monday.Also Read | Kanpur Lamborghini crash: Who are tobacco tycoon KK Mishra and his son Shivam Mishra?According to the lawyer, the Lamborghini was being driven by Shivam Mishra’s driver, Mohan.
Watch
Kanpur: UP Businessman’s Son Crashes Speeding Lamborghini Into Vehicles, Injures Pedestrians
"The hearing proceedings will be held tomorrow. Shivam was not driving; his driver, Mohan, was. This is an accident case. When he was not driving, then there can be no case against him," Kumar told reportersAs per the FIR, the incident occurred near Jhula Park crossing in Kanpur around 1:45 pm on Sunday, when the Lamborghini first rammed into a parked Bullet motorcycle and then struck a passerby. The complainant also sustained injuries, including serious damage to his left leg and ankle, along with other bodily injuries. The motorcycle was severely damaged, and several pedestrians were injured in the crash.Also Read | Kanpur tobacco baron's son rams locals with speeding Lamborghini — what we know so farPolice have seized the vehicle and further investigation is underway.A case has been registered under relevant provisions of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS), 2023, including Sections 281, 125(a), 125(b) and 324(4).
Confirming the details, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Central Kanpur) Atul Kumar Srivastava said no arrests have been made so far.“The injured have been taken to hospital. A case has been registered and an investigation is underway. Action will be taken based on the facts that emerge. No one has been taken into custody yet,” Srivastava told ANI.Also Read | Rolls-Royce Phantom, Ferrari, McLaren & I-T raids: Kanpur Lamborghini crash puts tobacco tycoon KK Mishra’s luxury lifestyle back in focusEyewitness Satyendra Singh Chandel described the scene after the incident, saying, “A luxury car hit some people on VIP Road yesterday. I heard that some bouncers accompanying the car broke the window and pulled out the driver. They took him away in another vehicle. Around four to five people were injured in the incident.”
author
About the AuthorTOI News Desk

The TOI News Desk comprises a dedicated and tireless team of journalists who operate around the clock to deliver the most current and comprehensive news and updates to the readers of The Times of India worldwide. With an unwavering commitment to excellence in journalism, our team is at the forefront of gathering, verifying, and presenting breaking news, in-depth analysis, and insightful reports on a wide range of topics. The TOI News Desk is your trusted source for staying informed and connected to the ever-evolving global landscape, ensuring that our readers are equipped with the latest developments that matter most."

End of Article
Follow Us On Social Media