• News
  • Jharkhand: 27 Maoists Surrender Before Police In Ranchi | Anti-Naxal Operation

Jharkhand: 27 Maoists Surrender Before Police In Ranchi | Anti-Naxal Operation

| May 21, 2026, 07:51:41 PM | TOI.in
  • Share
A total of 27 Maoists belonging to the banned CPI (Maoist) surrendered before security forces in Jharkhand in the presence of Jharkhand DGP Tadasha Mishra under “Operation Navjeevan”. The ultras laid down arms before officials of Jharkhand Police, Jharkhand Jaguar and the Central Reserve Police Force. Officials said the surrendered Maoists were wanted in multiple cases and belonged to the group of CPI (Maoist) politburo member Misir Besra, who carries a bounty of Rs 1 crore and was active in the Saranda and Kolhan regions. Police said 22 Maoists had been killed, 44 arrested and 29 surrendered so far in 2026. Authorities said the surrendered cadres would be rehabilitated and appealed to remaining Maoists to join the mainstream.

Top Viral Videos